Vacuum Diagram.

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

adlorin
In Neutral

Vacuum Diagram.

Post by adlorin »

I need to get my Legacy running, and I know the vacuum isn't correct. Does *anyone* have a diagram for it? It's a 93 N/A 2.2. The diagram in Haynes book is worthless, and everyone who has a good engine bay picture seems to just miss what i need by inches. :(

If you can point me to a link that would be great, else if you can email it to me at cocaplant42@hotmail.com I'd be very thankful.

~patrick
93' Legacy 2.2 N/A
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

This is all I have:

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~v/pics ... vacuum.gif

Hopefully you can make some sense of it. The primary difficulty is seeing where each part of the diagram corresponds to the physical tubing. But at least you're not trying to deal with an EJ22T's vacuum tubing! :)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
adlorin
In Neutral

Post by adlorin »

Thank you for the help. Unfortunatly, that is the same worthless haynes scan I have. the intake tubing has like 4 or 5 bungs on it, and that diagram doesn't even suggest they exist! Actually you can see one of the bungs, above the flex and it doesn't link it to anything. *mutter*

Or can anyone with a digicam, take some nice large scale pictures? If I can figure this out, i'll redraw this scan so we have something better to work with.

~patrick
vrg3 wrote:This is all I have:

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~v/pics ... vacuum.gif

Hopefully you can make some sense of it. The primary difficulty is seeing where each part of the diagram corresponds to the physical tubing. But at least you're not trying to deal with an EJ22T's vacuum tubing! :)
93' Legacy 2.2 N/A
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Do you have a digi cam? Can you take pics of everything you're talking about?

The main set of vacuum lines you need to have hooked up are as follows:

canister purge solenoid. There will be a vacuum line that comes up under the passenger side intake runner from the solenoid and that goes to the line on the TB.

Fuel pressure regulator. vacuum line on the passenger intake runner

PCV valve. pretty obvious, line runs straight up into the pcv valve.

There is other associated lines that come from the valve cover gaskets, run into a T on the intake tube. There is also a line that runs from the base of where the PCV plumbing is to the intake tube as well.

Brake booster vacuum line. On the driver's side intake manifold.

That's all I can think of right now from memory. Yes there are other ports/lines on the intake manifold, but for a n/a car, you shouldn't need them.

If anyone can think of any I missed...let me know.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
adlorin
In Neutral

Post by adlorin »

It is that the intake was removed, and I put in a new transmission and I can't figure out where all the tubes go, from the intake. I can hook up all that I see and I still have a one or two nipples that are unplugged! :( Which of course, causes alot of metered air to go out and the car to run like crap.

:(
Legacy777 wrote:Do you have a digi cam? Can you take pics of everything you're talking about?

The main set of vacuum lines you need to have hooked up are as follows:

canister purge solenoid. There will be a vacuum line that comes up under the passenger side intake runner from the solenoid and that goes to the line on the TB.

Fuel pressure regulator. vacuum line on the passenger intake runner

PCV valve. pretty obvious, line runs straight up into the pcv valve.

There is other associated lines that come from the valve cover gaskets, run into a T on the intake tube. There is also a line that runs from the base of where the PCV plumbing is to the intake tube as well.

Brake booster vacuum line. On the driver's side intake manifold.

That's all I can think of right now from memory. Yes there are other ports/lines on the intake manifold, but for a n/a car, you shouldn't need them.

If anyone can think of any I missed...let me know.
93' Legacy 2.2 N/A
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

what nipples are not plugged?

tell me where their locations are
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm