Intake Manifold Assembly - Help

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Intake Manifold Assembly - Help

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

Ok, long story short, I'm putting my engine back together and I'm at a road block... I don't remember how everything goes back on the intake manifold before I put it back in.

Here's where I'm at now

Ok, first question. Are the little metal lines with the small hoses vacuum lines (red)? do the things circled in blue connect? Because I only counted three lines that got connected to the fuel filter (aka fuel lines) but I'm not positive so I'm checking with some legacy gurus :lol:

Second question, where does this go? what is it?

Third question. This is part of the wire harness that connects to the injectors, throttle body, coil pack, etc. Where does the black female connector connect too? (the top one) That's probly gunna be a tough one to answer :|

And final question, How do I know which plugs go into which injectors??? :shock: ...yea, i didn't label 'em.

Thanks in advance!
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
mike-tracy

Re: Intake Manifold Assembly - Help

Post by mike-tracy »

Q1. yes...
q2. The purge control solenoid from pic 6 bolts to the hole right by the topmost arrow in pic 5 (under the rear runner)
q3. that black female spade connector goes to the crossover pipe under the manifold - it's the temperature sender for the gauge cluster. There is another female spade connector with a 90* turn on it, that goes to the oil pressure sender (on the block, right behind the alternator).
q4. Shoulda marked em ;) I'm sure someone can help.

Here's a handy reference I've used a million times to figure out which hose plugs in to where.
http://www.surrealmirage.com/vrg3/vacuum/
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
DD50
First Gear

Post by DD50 »

Only thing I could think of is to find someone who has the same car in town. I don't have the turbo version but it can't be all that different. So I could help that way if it comes down to it. I recently swapped my engine so I'm a bit more familiar with where things go now
Proud Owner of a 1992 Winestone Mica Subaru Legacy LSi non turbo with 198,000 miles. Soon to be turboed
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Mike answered all the rest.
All the injectors have a Yellow/Red power wire going to them. As for the second wire to the ECU, here are the colors:
Inj1: Brown
Inj2: Light Green
Inj3: Blue/White
Inj4: Blue

So match those up and you have your positions. Good luck!
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

mike-tracy wrote:q3. that black female spade connector goes to the crossover pipe under the manifold - it's the temperature sender for the gauge cluster. There is another female spade connector with a 90* turn on it, that goes to the oil pressure sender (on the block, right behind the alternator).
Sweet haha yea the oil pressure connector broke off the wire so i soldered a new one on and heat shrinked it! woo for amateur digital/electronic engineering skills :lol:
DD50 wrote:Only thing I could think of is to find someone who has the same car in town. I don't have the turbo version but it can't be all that different. So I could help that way if it comes down to it. I recently swapped my engine so I'm a bit more familiar with where things go now
Yea, I'll be taking a look at my buddy's ss tomorrow lol, good thing he only lives like 10mins away and is over using my tools all the time anyways. it works out :wink:
Alphius wrote:Mike answered all the rest.
All the injectors have a Yellow/Red power wire going to them. As for the second wire to the ECU, here are the colors:
Inj1: Brown
Inj2: Light Green
Inj3: Blue/White
Inj4: Blue

So match those up and you have your positions. Good luck!
Yea! I did see that the wires were different colors. Sweet thanks! hopefully i don't blow up the engine when I crank the key haha :shock:
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

This is from my non-turbo motor, but has some good pictures of how everything on the intake manifold goes together.

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... injectors/

More pics from my ej22t rebuilds

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... s/ej22t/22
http://main.experiencetherave.com/subar ... eadwork/29
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm