Progress from ghetto beater, to something...better?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

MrTodd
First Gear

Re: Progress from ghetto beater, to something...better?

Post by MrTodd »

(8/6/14) - Finished up painting the rear!

You know, I'm starting to think that maybe I should paint the roof black.... What do you guys think? I feel like it would make things look a bit lower, without actually lowering anything.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

The roof doesn't extend much beyond the side rails on the top, so I'm not sure it'll make much difference. However if you tint the windows it'd probably look better with the black roof.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
MrTodd
First Gear

Post by MrTodd »

That's kinda what I'm thinking, because I am planning to tint.. I'll see how far my plasti-dip goes, if I run out before hitting the roof, then I'll go with black! :)
MrTodd
First Gear

Post by MrTodd »

(8/13/14)

So, last week I was able to finish the bumper. Turned out alright, but peeling off the tape kind of ruined my lines... Oh well, you don't notice it unless you're up close.

In addition to this, I decided to paint the front grill. Tell me what you guys think!

(masked, cleaned)

(masked, almost done)

(Finished)

I'm thinking it looks a bit weird right now, but only because I haven't painted the hood yet. Once the hood is finished, I think it should come together quite nicely. Even so, I really like how it brings out the Subaru emblem... Kinda looks like it's floating in the middle, whereas before, with the grey, it just kinda blended in with its surroundings. What do you guys think?
killajamal
First Gear

Post by killajamal »

I like the painted grill. Masking with PD is very frustrating. The dip wants to come off with the tape as you peel it. You gotta do it while it's still wet to avoid that.
Nohbdy
First Gear

Post by Nohbdy »

Looks like it's going together well! Keep her going and I have to agree these cars look so much better with tinted windows, but that's my opinion.
91 Legacy L (AT, FWD)-crashed 2/3/14
95 Legacy L (AT)
05 Outback XT (AT)
92 Legacy L (MT,AWD)
speezly
Second Gear

Post by speezly »

I need tints on mine for sure. Living in VA, I never wanted to deal with the hassle, but with Florida tags, the possibilities are limitless.
93 Legacy l AWD 5mt
87 GL-10 Turbo 5mt