Some Interior Help

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

TonyAWD
First Gear

Some Interior Help

Post by TonyAWD »

So, i'm the process of redoing my interior by covering the around the window trims and headliner in fabric i got from work. Been doing some searching on the forum and still can't find the answer im looking for, or pics for that matter. Are the map lights, dome lights, sun visor bracketry, and oh-s--t handles in black in black interior cars? Trying to save myself from painting them to match the black of the suede i'm using, and thinking an OEM looking piece would be awesome. Also, if those pieces aren't black, how would one go about painting them? Plastic paint, or plasti-dip? Any thoughts, suggestions, or tips would be greatly appreciated.
94' Legacy L Wagon
~96xxx miles
~ISC Coilovers
~Whiteline RSB, Endlinks, HD RSB Mounts
~Rallitek FSB
~02 WRX Wheels
~DIY Interior (In Progress)
GTEASER
First Gear

Re: Some Interior Help

Post by GTEASER »

I plastic painted the interior panels and vinyl headliner black in my 240z years ago, stock interior was white, and it came out good and lasted for several years until I got rid of the car.
killajamal
First Gear

Post by killajamal »

What paint did you use?
rallyak
Third Gear

Post by rallyak »

You can go to a paint store and buy interior paint that is designed for interior and match it to what ever color you want. I've used DuPont in the past, but they renamed the brand but its the same paint and it holds up great. I always use an adhesion promoter like Bulldog, which comes in a spray can and its good stuff. The paint is sprayable out of the can with out any other solvents. I just recently bought some to color match my pillar mount gauge pod in my car.
Charles

90' White/Gray Outback DD workhorse (670,xxx) miles
92' Onyx Metallic (430,xxx) Wife's DD
68' Barracuda formula S 340 4spd coupe (ongoing project)
66' Mustang 2+2 4spd wife's (ongoing project)
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

black interiors have the same color gray parts as all the others. You can get dyes and paint to change the color of those parts. +1 for the bulldog adhesion promoter
Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/
TonyAWD
First Gear

Post by TonyAWD »

Thanks for the input rallyak! I'll try painting the parts myself and see how it comes out.
94' Legacy L Wagon
~96xxx miles
~ISC Coilovers
~Whiteline RSB, Endlinks, HD RSB Mounts
~Rallitek FSB
~02 WRX Wheels
~DIY Interior (In Progress)