Rear hatch lock?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

thewaterboy
First Gear

Rear hatch lock?

Post by thewaterboy »

My 93 Legacy wagon came with 4 keys, which all only work on the driver's door and ignition. The passenger side door, glovebox, and rear hatch all have a different key which has long been forgotten. When I hit my power locks, the rear hatch remains unlocked, and I can't lock it manually.

Is there any way I can physically lock it until I can order/find a new lock for the rear?
allnines'
Second Gear

Re: Rear hatch lock?

Post by allnines' »

Did you take off the rear gate panel and make sure everything is connected? If it is, you should be able to manually lock the gate just by moving the rod. As for the keys, you might be able to get a locksmith to recode your locks so you can have just one key.
Legacys are like potato chips-you can't stop at one!
mike-tracy

Re: Rear hatch lock?

Post by mike-tracy »

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but on my old wagon with a busted lock, I had a locksmith replace the innards so it would match the other 4 locks on the car. I know subaru would be more than happy to sell you a brand new lock, but as far as my local dealer and I know, it won't be keyed to your car.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.