Myles at Racecomp Engineering reviews the BRZ

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

vrg3
Vikash

Myles at Racecomp Engineering reviews the BRZ

Post by vrg3 »

"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Myles at Racecomp Engineering reviews the BRZ

Post by Legacy777 »

Read just the last bit, but glad to hear it's getting such good reviews/feedback.

Honestly I hope it trickles down to some of the other models because I'm at odds with Subaru right now. I want to remain a loyal Subaru customer, but with the current models (BRZ excluded) the WRX or STi are really the only thing I would want to buy. Even then, from the feedback, I'd have to probably do some tuning/tweaking with things to get the car to drive how I wanted it.

I've been trying to articulate in my head and to others why I don't care for driving the 2006 Legacy I recently purchased and I think a good way of putting it would be it has a very disconnected feel to driving. There's little feedback to what you the driver want the car to do. Instead it does what the ECU has been programmed to do by a bunch of engineers. When I go back and forth between the 06 Legacy and my 97 Impreza....the difference is night and day. The Impreza has a much more "raw" feel to it. In how the car sounds, how it responds to throttle input, steering, etc. Sure it's not for everyone, but I guess it's just something I've gotten used to and want in a vehicle. So we shall see what my vehicle future has in store. The crystal ball shows "Outcome uncertain"...
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
crisco
First Gear

Post by crisco »

yeah i havent been too keen on the newer models since '08 - but the outbacks have always handled like minivans in stock form.

very excited about the brz though and pleased the WRX has come around.
--- crisco --- 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero---
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, I agree with you guys. When I replaced my Legacy with a "new" car, the only choice I really had was a GC/GF Impreza. My 99 GC is simple, which makes both driving it and repairing it a pleasure. You can fix anything you need to fix, and then when you get into it, you're totally connected to everything. I feel like every chassis introduced after 1993 has gotten worse and worse in those regards.

Hopefully the BRZ represents a rebirth.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Oi, dammit, the Focus is only 7 months old and has 25k miles on it, I'd get shafted on a trade in now!
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Steve, How did you get so many miles on it in that short of time?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Driving.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Sorry, I had to be a wise ass. I drive over 40k/yr. to multiple sites, some of which are over 100 miles away, sometimes I'll hit half a dozen sites.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

evolutionmovement wrote:Driving.
Win.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.