Surprise of the Day at the Junkyard

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

georryan
Fourth Gear

Surprise of the Day at the Junkyard

Post by georryan »

So I was at the junkyard sourcing some wiring harness parts for the MSD ignition I just got. While walking away from a red 94 legacy wagon I took a second look at it and nearly blurted out some four letters words.

That image was taken after I pulled off the parts I wanted. Can you guess what I took?

The car had side skirts and a rear bumper skirt. The wagon rear skirts are too long for the sedan, but if I can source some mud flaps, they could be cut to fit. I've actually never seen them before except in pictures! I'm not sure how I'll mount them yet. I don't really want to drill holes into my car to use the clips that are on the bumper/side skirts. Maybe I'll just use some of that gorilla tape that others have used to stick it to the body.

I was surprised and very very happy that I didn't just walk away from the wagon like I was about to do.
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: Surprise of the Day at the Junkyard

Post by kimokalihi »

Sweet. Nice find. My local favorite yard changed owners and the prices skyrocketed and they got rid of most the legacys and a part of me died inside. One of my favorite places to visit. Dead to me now. : (
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
James614
Fourth Gear

Re: Surprise of the Day at the Junkyard

Post by James614 »

There was a 94GT wagon back in 07 in a yard up at PA that had the skirts. I knew what I was looking at, but I was making shyte just couldn't afford that AND the tank of 93 octane to drive to the yard. :( They turned out to be hella expensive bastards too, wanted like $50 for a radio. You could get a CD stereo from Wal-Mart for $40 at the time!
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.