WANTED: Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

WANTED: Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley

Post by NuclearBacon »

Or another aluminum pulley that has lightweight characteristics for the crankshaft.

I spun mine. dangit!!!
Thank you!!
Luigi
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
ej22tVermont
First Gear

Re: WANTED: Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley

Post by ej22tVermont »

I know from previous experiance with a 99 RS, that if you do not have the crankshaft matched to pulley, your engine will fail extremely prematurely. Blew two motors due to this mistake. Perrin makes the pulley, and the crankshaft specially balanced for the setup you are looking for.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

I have one AND a lightweight flywheel...double trouble. Or so I've heard. But so far so good. Redlined it a bunch at the track too. Not sure what to tell you beyond hitting up Nabisco a bunch. I see them a lot there.
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

I installed the Perrin LCP on my ex-wife's 2.5LGT over 2 years ago with no problems and the car has not been treated nicely either.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

So wait... How much for just the pulley? shipped to 95928 I already have a lightweight flywheel. I only need the pulley.
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

DO NOT mix the LCP with a LWFW!!! You will absolutely hate the results from it. You will run into idling problems and such from lightening both ends of the crank attachments. Pick either the FW or the CP but not both. I've seen it first hand it's not something you want to experience.
Jason
'92 LSS "Trixie" - TD04, '06 WRX TMIC, Invidia D/P & TXS U/P, 3" APEX'i CBE, custom intake, TXS MBC & BPV
Perrin LCP, WRX & H6 brakes, S/S lines, Cusco H-brace & RSTB, AGX's, Progress springs, SimplySubie fender braces
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

ej22tVermont wrote:I know from previous experiance with a 99 RS, that if you do not have the crankshaft matched to pulley, your engine will fail extremely prematurely. Blew two motors due to this mistake. Perrin makes the pulley, and the crankshaft specially balanced for the setup you are looking for.
i dont think that is true.

the part number is the same for a 93-01 impreza and a 02-09 na 2.5 is the same and the same as the part number for a WRX.

they only make one pulley.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
Lunatech
Second Gear

Post by Lunatech »

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but the boy is looking to make a purchase, not hear all the pros and cons.

Can anybody help him out?
Robert,

Rio Red 1990 L sedan 5MT at least 302000 mi. and Spruce Pearl 1996 Wagon 4EAT 245000 mi.

georryan wrote:
Don't knock him for thinking outside of the box. At least he has been creative.
dropdfocus
Fourth Gear

Post by dropdfocus »

The point of the pros & cons is that this will be a wasted purchase if he's already running the light weight flywheel.
Jason
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Lunatech wrote:Well, that's all fine and dandy, but the boy is looking to make a purchase, not hear all the pros and cons.

Can anybody help him out?
if i see bad info that will affect his purchase i want to help.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
Bheinen74
Fourth Gear

Post by Bheinen74 »

there be one on craigslist WI milwaukee
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 4eat
91crx si 165k
91 Civic RT4WD manual trans 168k
91crx Si 40.5k
85 BRAT Gl 140
97 SVX 74k
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

dropdfocus wrote:DO NOT mix the LCP with a LWFW!!! You will absolutely hate the results from it. You will run into idling problems and such from lightening both ends of the crank attachments. Pick either the FW or the CP but not both. I've seen it first hand it's not something you want to experience.
I've put more then 70,000 miles on my car with this mod (LW flywheel + LW pulley) with the smoothest idle. It has 240,000 miles now and idles better then my buddys wrx with 6000 miles on it. I also have group N mounts, and still idles amazingly well. First hand .. It works juuust fine.

So anyone have one for me to purchase before I go to nabisco??? :)

bumpity bump bump
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo