WTB: SS hood in Western Washington

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
nortonjefferson
First Gear

WTB: SS hood in Western Washington

Post by nortonjefferson »

Hey everyone, i am in need of a SS hood for a project i am working on. I plan on running a TMIC and in order to do so i need to find myself a hood with a scoop. Any info, leads or direct sales much appreciated, I live in western washington and would be more than stoked if a member over here has a hood theyd let go of. I cant imagine the shipping cost on a hood so the more local the better. Thankyou for your time!

EDIT: id be more than willing to hear the opinions/options on a DIY scoop as well
White 1993 L Wagon AWD 5MT-FXT lift, 27” MTs 380xxx miles
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
Black 2005 LGT 5MT-Ej20x swapped daily, VF40/elh
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: WTB: SS hood in Western Washington

Post by cj91legss »

You'll want to be a bit more specific on the year of the hood you're looking for. There's 91 or 92-94.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
nortonjefferson
First Gear

Sorry i should have been more specific, im looking for a 92-94 hood. My bad!
White 1991 L sedan AWD 5MT-(Robtune 550 DOHC Ej22t swap coming together) 187xxx miles
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

I might have one in the future. How long could it wait?
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
MConte05
Second Gear

Post by MConte05 »

If you are going to be doing TMIC, doing a DIY hood with a WRX scoop is going to be a better investment. You are not going to get much of any airflow through an SS hood.
nortonjefferson
First Gear

originalcyn wrote:I might have one in the future. How long could it wait?
I am in no rush at this point! I still need to accumulate a few of the bigger parts for the conversion and all of the plumbing. Really right now im just collecting parts and gaining as much info as i can.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

MConte05 wrote:If you are going to be doing TMIC, doing a DIY hood with a WRX scoop is going to be a better investment. You are not going to get much of any airflow through an SS hood.
Agree here. Maybe suggest getting the intercooler and the scoop and backing plate that goes on the same car. Put longer studs on the scoop and cut a custom hole. That will get you much better flow than the small SS scoop ever will.

Or go Fmic or awic
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Drew and MConte know their stuff, so it's probably a good idea to take their advice into mind.

That being said, the hood i have is currently being repaired by a forum member. It had some dents that are being taken care of. He's doing it as a favor, so it's really at his leisure. I'm not certain when he'll be finished.

I do have a NA hood that is just sitting in my yard. I've been meaning to get rid of it. If you want to try to test cut a hood, you could come get that one. I think i have a spare scoop too. Actually one SS scoop and at some point in the not too distant future, i'll have a stock scoop from an 04 Forester XT. So yeah, i guess those options are all available as well.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

The ss hoods do a great job at what they were designed to do - letting engine bay heat out.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
nortonjefferson
First Gear

Thankyou everyone for your input! i appreciate all the answers! i think im going to do a DIY scoop, i totally agree that a DIY would be much more functional as compared to an SS hood. ive seen inside the scoop and theres not much flow going on in there. Ogcyn i am more than interested in that hood and scoop combo you have, i can PM you a little later today and maybe we can figure something out? Again thankyou everyone for your input i really appreciate the knowledgable community here!
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Definitely. Let me know.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

I made a backing vent piece for my white SS and it's about half the size of the one on the RS and a third the size of the one on the STi. I have an RS scoop I cut the mounting brackets smooth on you are welcome to use. My AWIC just runs circles around the 06-07 intercooler the white one has.
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
nortonjefferson
First Gear

dscoobydoo wrote:I made a backing vent piece for my white SS and it's about half the size of the one on the RS and a third the size of the one on the STi. I have an RS scoop I cut the mounting brackets smooth on you are welcome to use. My AWIC just runs circles around the 06-07 intercooler the white one has.
I think im just going to try the xt scoop from ogcyn due to the convienence (~fifteen minutes away), but i really do appreciate the offer man! i might PM you though if you dont mind because im sure i will have questions when it comes to me actually trying to fit the scoop and all that fun stuff :roll:
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Good luck. If you change your mind I put my new 92-94 hood up for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF