Royal Purple fluids

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

TurboSubie
First Gear

Royal Purple fluids

Post by TurboSubie »

Did a full fluid change with this stuff on my 94...one word...amazing. car is better on acceleration and seems to have more power all around, great investment for the car.
1994 Aegian Blue Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan. Mean Muggin.

1995 Honda CBR 600 F3 D&D complete system,K&N, few other things..
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Where did you buy and how much was the ATF, if you don't mind my asking?
Time for me to rejuice the 4EAT.
90 L+ wgn
josh9227
In Neutral

Post by josh9227 »

love the stuff 20W50 in the summer 5W30 winter runs better, goes faster best oil I've used even better than motol and cheaper too
ver 4 STI 300hp VF23....now td04 :-( dam shaft 4.444 spec c trany LTD slip plated diff SOLD
2002 forester S sport 5spd STOCK for now.....
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I'd keep an eye on the dipstick, that stuff is pretty thin and likes to go into the intake from the blowby unless you've been running synthetic for almost the life of the car. I had royal purple in my car when i first got it. On a trip to nebraska i noticed one of the lifters knocking so i checked the oil and it was gone. The next time i tried synthetic, i ended up with a pint in my fmic. Royal purple is good stuff tho. Kinda expensive but good.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
93sti
In Neutral

Post by 93sti »

josh9227 wrote:love the stuff 20W50 in the summer 5W30 winter runs better, goes faster best oil I've used even better than motol and cheaper too
just put in 70w90 trany in and wow!!! much better PURPLE RULES
320hp legacy
TurboSubie
First Gear

Post by TurboSubie »

much <3 to the purple.

wiscon_mark
Fourth Gear

Post by wiscon_mark »

93sti wrote:
josh9227 wrote:love the stuff 20W50 in the summer 5W30 winter runs better, goes faster best oil I've used even better than motol and cheaper too
just put in 70w90 trany in and wow!!! much better PURPLE RULES
manual tranny? auto tranny?

can I get some info please? :-D
[url=http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=486]1995 Legacy Outback 5MT[/url]
185,000 miles
www.sl-i.net (for all Legacys!)
TurboSubie
First Gear

Post by TurboSubie »

70w90 is gear oil....manual tranny.

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

im just running 10W30 fully synthetic right now and its amazing
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Buffman
Second Gear

Post by Buffman »

wow. I get the same results from just changing my oil. I'd rather would have seen some factual data in this review to call it a review, rather than a butt dyno misconception.

Royal Purple is decent oil, but for the price you can definately be better off buying another synthetic.

I haven't found much on the 2.2L, but the 2.0L or the 2.5L likes just about anything, particularly German Castrol Syntec 0w30, or the Shell Rotella.

I'm waiting to expirement on oil choice for my 2.2. I'm running Motorcraft 5w20 in it right now.
1992 Legacy LS Special Wagon..
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

lol there's a ad for royal purple on the screen right now. i love it.

alot of soob drivers use it, and live by it.

same goes with amsoil i think, yeah i would like to see some reviews also. an independent test would be sweet
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
xbn377
First Gear

Re: Royal Purple fluids

Post by xbn377 »

Amsoil is superior to other Synthetic Lubricants as to the extent it is made by a lab of chemist who test and release data on oil comparisons. I used Royal Purple in my rear differential and found out that it corrodes the metal in it leaving oxidation. This was from a study of gear lubes comparing like 10 different ones and Amsoil consistently rates at the top. I am now sold on Amsoil and will not being using anything else!

For information on getting an account to order there products just contact me. You can become a fan of MISynthetic on facebook. There are a couple different options available so let me know and I will help you get going on using the best lubricants in the world!
Shawn

91 Legacy SS AT
93 Legacy L Wagon

To get your hands on superior lubricant products from AMSOIL utilize the following url:

http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=1819626&page=store
Rod Grosvenor
In Neutral

Re: Royal Purple fluids

Post by Rod Grosvenor »

Hi-although I`m new again to the BBS, I have alot of experience with oils. I`ve tried Mobil 1, Red Line, Castro Syn., and the Royal one. There is none better than Amsoil, period. I use it in all areas including P/S. It made a huge difference in the heat; I can run 10W-40 year `round (I live in NorCal-no snow) Even in snowy climates you can use a 10W-30 sucessfully
.Don`t take my word, though, check out your SAE testing for the facts. PS-check your owners manual for correct oil weights per season; unless you`re living in Antartica, I would`nt be using a 0W-20 oil EVER!!!=Good luck-Rod (Subiedo)