No CEL until I turn the key off

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WRXish
First Gear

No CEL until I turn the key off

Post by WRXish »

Thats right, turn the key on and all the dashboard lights come on like they are supposed to except for the CEL, start the car and the cel stays off. Turn the car off and it comes on for a few seconds and then goes back off. HELPPPPPPP
WRXish
First Gear

Re: No CEL until I turn the key off

Post by WRXish »

Come on guys I really need help with this thing...HELPPPPP
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I replied to your post yesterday.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... 70#p447170

Please try and keep all related questions in one thread or linked so that if others have similar issues in the future they can track down the solution.

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
WRXish
First Gear

Post by WRXish »

ok for reasons i cant fathom i cant seem to stay logged in when i go to the topic link u posted above, I did pull the ecu and it is totally fried. dont know why, but have to figure it out before plugging in a new one. I will do some tracing when i get back to the car. I am using the 2.2 wiring harness in an attempt to avoid these kinds of problems. I missed hooking up one of the ground wires on the initial cranking of the new engine, so that may be part of what caused the problem. i will know more once i have traced where the burned traces in the ecu actually go. meanwhile, if you have any other suggestions of things i need to check before powering up the new ecu then please speak now. Many thanks for your help josh and plz accept my apologies for posting in two places. I didnt know for sure the two problems were related, but guessing now they are. thanks again.