95 legacy central door locking alarm system help please!!!!!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dafrompa
First Gear

95 legacy central door locking alarm system help please!!!!!

Post by dafrompa »

I have 95 legacy with what they call central door locking system. It's alarm that activities when u lock your door. Well it blew a fuse the other day for the cigar/mirror one. I think in process it blew something else like relay or something. I need help find where it maybe. Any help I guess would be good right now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 95 legacy central door locking alarm system help please!

Post by Legacy777 »

The central locking mechanism should be up under the dash on the driver's side. I don't know the exact location. However the guys over on http://sl-i.net/FORUM/ may be able to give you specific info since there's more 2nd gen legacies over there.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
dafrompa
First Gear

Post by dafrompa »

Thanks!!! I'll see what can find
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

I'd go under the dash and find the control box, it'll be easy to identify because the wiring will be messy and tapped into a bunch of other wires. Pull it out and follow all the wires and remove the taps.

In the 95-98 Legacy the "dealer option" alarm system was just tapped in by dealers like an aftermarket alarm. There was no factory wiring for it. Once it's all out everything should return to normal. Don't worry about losing the alarm function, because it's just a 95 Legacy and it's trivial to defeat anyway.