Possible rob tune issues. Not sure if related but big issues

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

pabst90-ix
In Neutral

Possible rob tune issues. Not sure if related but big issues

Post by pabst90-ix »

I envision this is going to be a rather long thread as I honestly don't exactly know where to start so there are a lot of questions. This is my first swap and the furthest i have pushed my mechanic skills so i am in need of help big time.

To begin
I dropped in a newly rebuilt ej20k with ej20g intake manifold/harness, installed rob tune. Redid the previous owners cop install. New plugs, new cops, new everything.

I have spark(checked with screwdriver in cop), i have fuel pressure. and i have air. at least i think i do.
The tps sensor wires cracked and i jumper-ed them to lengthen then heat shrunk and everything looked ok. If i test with multi-meter what should it show? also the tps sensor was moved on the throttle body while off car so it may not be set in correct orientation could this be my issue?

I ran the ecu check and am showing codes for knock sensor, and coolant temp sensor. which both suck but should not prevent car from starting as far as i know at least. Pretty sure the temp sensor is in fact bad because fans stay on. Not sure about knock sensor.

Also showing code 45 for pressure sensor. I am at 8000ft elevation. Would this prevent start?

Turns over smooth just not sure what could be the issue. going to be checking to see that cops are on correct cylinders but i have no frame of reference so this will be a lot of trial and error unless there is an easier way.

Also just realized i should include this every so often i get a boost spike on my gauge as i am turning it over. Otherwise there is nothing.

Anything else you can advise i check would be awesome. thanks guys. Trying to get this puppy on the road and broken in asap.
pabst90-ix
In Neutral

Re: Possible rob tune issues. Not sure if related but big is

Post by pabst90-ix »

Solved one issue, definetly flooded her. Spark plugs doused in gas. Pulled them and doing another oil change to prevent contamination for my break in. After that hopefully she starts up. I guess i should have gone further than just disconnecting fuel pump. Should i disconnect all of the harness connectors?

Any tips on drying it out faster?
Anyways ill update after she completely dries out over night
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

I would first check to make sure your firing orientation is correct.
The car can run without​ a tps, cts, or knock hooked up.
There is a procedure to follow in the F.S.M. to get the t.ps. correctly adjusted, if you search this forum you can gain access to the f.s.m , I can't remember exactly but it's something like 5v fully open.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
pabst90-ix
In Neutral

Post by pabst90-ix »

Thanks, looking for fsm now. Only have the jdm ones that i was using for build thus far. And will be doing more of a search into the tps. Just obee strung on this project and was hoping the firing up would be simple. But when dods that ever happen ha.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Check out this link for FSM's in the stuff you need to know forum.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14485
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm