Manual boost controller confusion.....

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jmfpEJ22T
First Gear

Manual boost controller confusion.....

Post by jmfpEJ22T »

I have an ej20g engine in my legacy and im about to install robs 440 ecu and I need a b oost controlled but im confused about where its supposed to go because in the diagram it shows it hooking up to the waste gate and the turbo but on RT the car there is a denso solenoid valve in between the turbo and waste gate. Do I bapass the solenoid valve or what do I do?
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Re: Manual boost controller confusion.....

Post by wtdash »

Hi,

First, what does this mean?
on RT the car
...Is that a typo or what?

The latest version of the Rob Tune Ej20G ECU does not need the BCS (boost control solenoid) hooked up @ all - neither the vacuum lines nor the electrical connector. So you can just leave it or remove it. If you leave it installed, it's recommened to plug the vacuum nipples to keep out moisture and whatever else might crawl in there and die. :-) You can leave it electrical connector plugged in, too- Won't hurt anything.

Does your BCS look like this? This is from a stock EJ22T, but I believe the EJ20G is very similar:

There are 3 lines on the stock BCS that go to the WG (wastegate), turbo and intake resonator. You'll need the WG and Turbo lines. You'll need to plug the nipple on the resonator or you'll have a vacuum leak.

Your MBC (manual boost controller) will have places to hook up the vacuum lines for the WG and the turbo,
Like this:
Image.

GL,
Td
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
jmfpEJ22T
First Gear

Re: Manual boost controller confusion.....

Post by jmfpEJ22T »

Yeah thats a typo...lol