TD05 16G on stock injectors

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ghia nut
First Gear

TD05 16G on stock injectors

Post by ghia nut »

Ok, so my old VF11 was or is maybe pretty beat. I got a TD05-16G from UK with 90* bend etc. This also looks like it will better fit my application, dumping the ej22t in a beetle.

I was and still am planning for a rob tune once things settle, if that ever happens, have the sti 550s etc.
Im just wondering if I can run the td05 on stock ej22t pinks, not looking for more performance gain, just given the wg actuator arms placement looks like it wont interfere with my body sheet metal.

No intercooler yet, not planning to bump up boost, just to get it running.
mike-tracy

Re: TD05 16G on stock injectors

Post by mike-tracy »

There was a guy who datalogged that combo, and his conclusions were the turbo maxed out the MAF and injectors in a hurry. He did use an intercooler of some sort, His username is bsod2000 or something like that.

If you do go ahead with the turbo idea, just monitor your wideband like a hawk so you don't lean out and kill the engine. :(
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

I am running that turbo on stock injectors at this time. I am only running wastegate pressure. I did check AFRs and they were acceptable. Got down to high 11's toward redline.

I am only doing this until I get the standalone and bigger injectors installed. I would never recommend doing this for more than a temporary solution.

A guy I know, melted his piston running that turbo on stock injectors.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
ghia nut
First Gear

Post by ghia nut »

OK, read you guys loud and clear, would it be possible to run the rob tune setup sans intercooler? I know that isn't optimal, but I do not have the luxury u guys do with room for air to air intercooler. I have a Subaru awic but there is going to be some serious fabrication to install that.
It may be that I just run with the stock vf11 for now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I ran the stock pink injectors with the TD05-16G and it does get close to maxing out the MAF at stock boost levels, however at wastegate boost levels, it should be more than fine. Additionally, the airflow through the engine is dependent on the mods on the intake, engine, exhaust. A relatively stock intake & exhaust tract would restrict airflow and it would be less of an issue vs. one that has a free flowing intake and exhaust.

I wouldn't recommend going with the rob tune without an intercooler.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm