Kills/Killed by...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

How the hell do you know? You weren't there! J/K

All I know it was the new retro-looking one. And I knew it was a GT because of the integrated fogs in the grille. And the badges.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Oh, my second comment was about the BMW I was behind, not the Mustang GT!!!! HAHAHAHA

Edit: I think the new mustangs are way too big and fat. And they have small rims, I think they are fugly.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

rallitektech wrote:Vin Diesel hangin around in this thread? :roll:

lol. god damn thats funny.

say have you and dave ever get your car running?

that engine set up you got looks pretty mean.
Subtle
Third Gear

Post by Subtle »

Cool one tonight. On a main thoroughfare when stopped for a light a Porsche SUV --not the S model- pulled into the curb lane to get the jump on the green.

I accelerated just enough such that he had to pull in behind to avoid the parked cars.

On the next light he was on my left and another big SUV took the curb lane. On the green I hit it just hard enough to avoid wheel spin on the rainy pavement and very suddenly left them behind.

A couple of blocks later I slowed in approaching my street and the Cayenne pulls along side, beeps, and lowers the passenger window and asks "What have you got in there?"

I said "A 2.2 liter turbo" and turned right to my street with a big :-D
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
Subtle
Third Gear

Post by Subtle »

Ooops

Just after 11 pm and "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" is starting.

Impressive and distubing movie--can't start watching it --going to bed.

The head nurse---scary
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

What???
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

daily driver legacy SS killed by audi s4 with exhaust, k04 turbos and chip

30-120.
Lost by 2 car lengths when neither of us brake boosted
Lost by 1/2 a car when I brake boost and he doesn't

He was shocked it was that "close".
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

brake boost? That is funny
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

What's funny?
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

Innovative Tuning wrote:daily driver legacy SS killed by audi s4 with exhaust, k04 turbos and chip

30-120.
Lost by 2 car lengths when neither of us brake boosted
Lost by 1/2 a car when I brake boost and he doesn't

He was shocked it was that "close".
i believe by brake boosting you are talking about launching the auto with the throttle and holding the brake from moving the car right?
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

It's also done while moving...and with manual cars as well.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Project_Legacy wrote:i believe by brake boosting you are talking about launching the auto with the throttle and holding the brake from moving the car right?
No my beater is a 5 speed. What you described could be called brake boosting, but in my case I was hard on the gas and brakes at the same time while moving to maintain speed and build boost at the same time. Then you just off the brake and you have instant boost. On the stock turbo this doesn't help as much but on the VF39 it's very noticeable especially when you're running 18 psi as I am.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

holy crud.

Anyway, I got passed like I was standing still by some American brand car. I couldnt tell what it was because it was night time. All I saw was its boxy rear end and it was white. Maybe a buick grand national???

I had just left my girlfriend's and was heading towards the freeway which (in a somewhat remote area) is several miles away. So this car appears in my rear view mirror and he gets kinda close behind me. I ignore it and thought it was probably some integra tryin to drive fast or somethin'. By the time I get to the freeway on ramp I am dead tire of his damn lights blinding me so I speed op and pull a few car lengths away from him while winding down the on-ramp to the freeway.

I get on the freeway and cross over to the fast lane and hit ~90mph and just stay going steady at that speed, I see him behind me so I step on it. This is the point where he proceeded to merge into the lane next to me, and speed past me, probably going form the same speed as me (90mph) to around 110mph in just a few seconds. SO here I am pretty much flooring the throttle and not even coming close to catching him.

Then he slows to take the the exit at which point I accomplish an accidental ricer flyby because he slowed as I was reaching 120mph...

Yeah, shame on me for going so fast but I couldnt believe my eyes! he passed me with ease. Must have had NOS or somethin...
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Killed aka slaughtered a newer Prelude.

I was coming back through an industrial area that is all new 4 lane roads, but little actual construction/inhabitation. The prelude was ahead of me and kept accelerating and slowing down, kinda like me :).

Finall a light came up and they were directly ahead of me. I let them take off to see if they were going for it. Yep. So I floor it, switch to the left lane, catch them from 4 cars back, and by the time I shift to 4rth, they are 4 cars back.

:)
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

With your 190whp car? no wonder :P woohoo!
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
92whitelegacy
Second Gear

Post by 92whitelegacy »

the other night i stomped a mazdaspeed protege, now this wouldnt be a big deal, if i didnt have numerous exhaust leaks and no first gear :twisted: beat the shit out of a new mustang convertible the other day, i make hondas look stupid ona day to day basis, and i took a is300 modded out, last night :twisted:
92 ss 275k+mi, kartboy shifter/bushings, gauges. VRG3 FCD II, NGK I'4s, TDO5-16G 4" dp CAT-less 3"tbe 4.11 gears.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

I did my personal best on the "Fremont Run" last night.

Its an onramp which has a extreme hard left, then a tad more than a 1/4 mile till the on ramp becomes bridge. There is a break point in the concrete there.

So the best I have ever done, sans nitrous, is 100-101 mph.

Hit the break point at 110! :twisted: A ten mile increase is outstanding!

Plain and simple, the old red wagon is getting fast.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

killed a couple of hondas, and some others

but two nights ago me and my friend where going down to baxter auto parts for some things so. we where cruiseing down I-5 south and apers next to me is a 87 or 88 rx-7 FC. exhaust and some other things. didnt know if it was turbo. but anywho got him to slam her down to therd and go. i pulled about 1 1/2 cars before i came up to traffic. 60 - 85 run.
it was cool.

tryed to get my friend Wes to run me. hes got a 240sx. he said you wana race me in that? a family four door car? but once i said awd, 5 speed manuel, turbo. every one said aw shit. it was really funny.

had a 90 integra rs. zippy fun car.
Last edited by 92ss satinsvoice on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Stomped a newer camaro from a stoplight after bogging the launch. It was ugly so I'm thinking it must have been a v6 automatic that just sounded like a v8.

Then a mid 90's BMW M3 with exhaust and no idea what else.

Then got slaughtered by a modified evo. His turbo took longer than mine to wind up from a roll at about 40mph. I instigated it by screaming by with my wastegate dumping then slowed for him to get alongside. We hit it when we were even but then I thought he let off so I let off and the next thing I knew, he was gone. Don't think it would have mattered much anyway.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
MPtyza
Second Gear

Post by MPtyza »

I only have two kills with my Legacy when it still had the turbo engine.

First was an old 60 something (not sure what year, nor do I really care) Corvette. I was turning left onto a side road near my friend's house and so was he. He was being a real ass before we turned, so I decided to turn nice and slow, hoping the traffic would keep him behind, but I realized he went the same time and was right beside me. I decide to play with him a little, so I floor it, and it sounded like he did also, but he just wasn't going nowhere, and he gave up on trying to pass me.

#2 was a new (05) Mustang GT. It was 1:30AM, and we were both going about 65 or so on a 4 lane highway. I decide to screw with him a little, and fly up along side him. He floors it, as do I. We were dead even up to about 110-115. I slowed down quite a bit cause I was well past my usual exit, and I was a little uninsured at the time.

OK, so the Mustang wasn't technically a kill, and the Corvette guy either wasn't trying too hard, or didn't know how to take care of his car, but they both still made me feel good about my car. Never could get that car to go above 115 though... Pacing an NSX at 110 up the turnpike was also fun :D

Though driving that car wasn't too fun after the 1.8 swap, especially since the Impreza auto didn't play nice with the Legacy TCU, so there was nothing automatic about it. No kills there, just a bunch of killed by's (Did like the sound of the EJ18 at 6500 though)
-Mike

White 1988 XT6 FWD 5MT (#2) 229k
Rio Red 1991 Legacy SS 180k :( - Dead
Flip_x
Second Gear

Post by Flip_x »

when i had my turbo legacy i killed my friends 01 honda civic vtec has some stuff to it like vtec controller, header exhaust.. he kept up till i hit 3rd gear.. i beat a eclipse gs-t, rs, gsx.. um integra vtec, another civic that was striped..

only car i remember getting beaten by was a wrx... =(

but i can beat the wrx with my suv now hehe....
2001 bmw x5 4.4.. oh i got spanked by a dodge desiel and a porsche Cheyenne turbo ss.. all i can say is that thing is fast.... and i killed the 350z hehe.. more to come
1990 Legacy Sedan LS AWD 5-MT 162k miles Slate Metallic (Sold to Brother)

1992 Legacy SS AWD 5-MT 180k miles Mica Black
monty's legacy
First Gear

Post by monty's legacy »

Imprezive wrote:holy crud.

Anyway, I got passed like I was standing still by some American brand car. I couldnt tell what it was because it was night time. All I saw was its boxy rear end and it was white. Maybe a buick grand national???

I had just left my girlfriend's and was heading towards the freeway which (in a somewhat remote area) is several miles away. So this car appears in my rear view mirror and he gets kinda close behind me. I ignore it and thought it was probably some integra tryin to drive fast or somethin'. By the time I get to the freeway on ramp I am dead tire of his damn lights blinding me so I speed op and pull a few car lengths away from him while winding down the on-ramp to the freeway.

I get on the freeway and cross over to the fast lane and hit ~90mph and just stay going steady at that speed, I see him behind me so I step on it. This is the point where he proceeded to merge into the lane next to me, and speed past me, probably going form the same speed as me (90mph) to around 110mph in just a few seconds. SO here I am pretty much flooring the throttle and not even coming close to catching him.

Then he slows to take the the exit at which point I accomplish an accidental ricer flyby because he slowed as I was reaching 120mph...

Yeah, shame on me for going so fast but I couldnt believe my eyes! he passed me with ease. Must have had NOS or somethin...
I am pretty sure there weren't any white grand nats, there were white buick t-types. But you can make any of the G-bodies "fast" for a 4000lb car depending on the model. Most common white ones are monte's. I miss mine
91 Lsi 180k RIP(3-19-06) Sold for $120
93 L 134ish, Bring on the Snow Baby
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

nonintercooled beater > stock evo from a roll

It was a young guy with 2 buddies in the car. They laughed at me when I downshifted next to them...then they pointed and laughed at their buddy when he lost. Good times.
Last edited by Innovative Tuning on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

hmm, a stock legacy turbo or what?
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

A stock legacy turbo is like a 15/16 second car LOL.
I have 3" catless turboback exhaust, vf39 at 21psi, custom tuned meth kit, MAP clamp.