Kills/Killed by...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

Just an update on my friends S4 that I raced back in Sept. I just learned that he fried his tranny about a month after we ran.

Not that it's funny at all, he is a good friend of mine.... but he toasted 1st & 2nd gear. The parts alone at Audi (with a discount, as he's a servise rep at Subaru) is ~$3,000 :shock: Who knows how much labor there is with a Audi 6spd rebuild - yikes. I bet $4-4500 when all done. He is at stock boost levels too boot - lame

So he pulled me after 60mph.... but I could get an entire SS for what that tranny cost
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

He should look into upgrading the tranny internals. I have a few friends with modded S4's that went through multiple trannies before they upgraded theirs. It only cost an extra grand or so.
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

ok so I ran my friend again with the S4 (now with 100% more tranny)

Last time was with the stock VF11, this time I have the VF12 (but mostly the same everuthing else)

We weren't lined up unfortunately, so it was more like a roll-in chase from ~5mph or so.

Results - I kept with him in 1st, gave up a few feet in 2nd, and maybe 1/2 a car in 3rd :D
I'd say we were pretty well matched, not bad...

last time he pretty well walked when I went into 3rd. another 20-30hp and the tables will turn
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

Subtle
Third Gear

Post by Subtle »

Faster With a Fart Can?

The other night I out-launched an Audi S 4 at a couple of lights and as I needed some fuel pulled into a gas station.

The Audi also pulled in for gas and the driver came over to check out the Twgn and wondered what was under the hood.

Told him and then he walked around the back and in seeing the two matt-black S S pipes sticking out said that it was too bad it didn't have a big single pipe.

I explained that he couldn't see the third pipe that by-passed the final silencer.

He was so indoctrinated with cans that he just didn't get it. :shock:
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

So my friend traded the S4 for a '05 Leggy GT wagon ;)
And he's still paying for the S4 tranny work - lame

I guess my benchmark is gone.... but I need to race his GT now (which I should be able to best at least by a smidge... before he mods it at all)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

Not related to my twgn but I smoked a 03 ish mustang the other night in my g35. I was at a light and the guy had been riding my ass. I was with a girl that I've only been dating for a few weeks and when we stopped at the light I told her i was going to take this asshole lol. Keep in mind this girl, i should say woman, is 32 like me and a total proffesional. shes not snobby or uptight but she is not the "fast and the furious" type of girl if you catch my drift no pun intended lol. So the light turns green and I just floor it (automatic) and the guy is trying to keep up. I get up to about 80 and the girl is freaking out telling me to stop so I hit the brakes and did a u-turn in the middle of the road because I had blown by my turn. Let me just say this was a 20 second type romp at like 2am with no other cars on the road before I get some street racing preacher on my ass.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

If you're in the G, it's not racing, it's flauntin'.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

i havent raced to much, but ive lost both of mine
1st was to a 96' Saturn S-Series, we raced down a paved farm road, doing the 3 honk, i had a lot of wheel spin since i had my driveshaft out (cant remember why), we were dead even until probably 30mph and he pulled on me the the entire way up to 120mph

the second time i was at a light next to a 07' F450, i was in my dads 98' Ranger 2.5L (5mt), he had a Bully Dog sticker, i assume he had a tuner since he also had twin stacks
he was reving it up and his daughter (i see her at school but i dont know her) was smiling and at me and laughing, so i reved it up (sorta puny sounding) and he reved and spooled up and the light turned green, i dropped the clutch and roasted em, we launched even but that was it, he freaking took off like nothing ive seen before, black smoke pouring out of his stacks
i knew i didnt stand a chance, but i had no idea they were that freaking fast, i rolled my window down and he ran it wide open all the way down the road, i could still hear it spooling almost a mile away
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Kills,

Riced out Honda w/ FMIC not actually functional. ( He was bein a retard)
'94 Honda Prelude Teal, stock ( through corners, he didnt stand a chance_
Friends Civic DX... lol
2006 Scion xb ( me and dad messin 'round, i won) he tried to pass me
'01 2.5rs Blue, sooo much pretier and so much slower

Killed by...

'03 BMW 525 ( I really think it was an M5 with 525 badges though)
'08 Cadillac Escalade... I was fine until I had to shift... :(

I really pick my battles carefully
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Hondasucks
In Neutral

Post by Hondasucks »

Legacy: (Non turbo, 5 speed)

Kills:
Plenty of Civics and other assorted rice

Kept up with my brother in law's V6 Tiburon (I didn't race him at a light, but I was behind him and he floored it and I floored it and I was barely gaining on him.. I think light-to-light I'd have him cuz of the fact his is a dog-o-matic and I have the 5 speed

Killed by:

VTEC-equipped Civic hatch (mainly cuz he got a better launch, once I got on it I was catchin up but I backed out once I hit the speed limit)

SVX:

Kills:
A few civics
Celica GT (early 90s)

killed by:
Nothin yet

(It's bone stock, right down to the slushbox...)
1990 Legacy LS wagon, FT4WD 5MT
1987 GL Turbo wagon, DR4WD 5MT
1992 Dodge Ram 4WD Turbodiesel 4AT
1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan 4AT :(
1992 SVX LS-L
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

killed by:
Chevy avalanche: the mf'er hit me, then took off before a could get his licnce number. And I couldn't keep up with him.
Now I've got two smashed-up fenders and a cracked windshield. My car sucks. At least it fits my profile now.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Well its no contest, but I killed a Sentra SER V-spec (new Maxima-like body '07 or '08?).

He had a 3.5-4 car headstart, but I passed him easy in the LSS @ just 12-12.5psi & pulled about 6-8 cars ahead of him quickly - then I eased off the gas as it was no contest.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

I killed my motor thats about it hahahahha LOL.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
Hondasucks
In Neutral

Post by Hondasucks »

Murphy wrote:i was at a light next to a 07' F450,

I smoked a F350 once.....

... In a PRIUS (instant torque + CVT FTW)
1990 Legacy LS wagon, FT4WD 5MT
1987 GL Turbo wagon, DR4WD 5MT
1992 Dodge Ram 4WD Turbodiesel 4AT
1991 Legacy Turbo Sedan 4AT :(
1992 SVX LS-L
tmarcel
First Gear

Post by tmarcel »

BXSS wrote:Well its no contest, but I killed a Sentra SER V-spec (new Maxima-like body '07 or '08?).

He had a 3.5-4 car headstart, but I passed him easy in the LSS @ just 12-12.5psi & pulled about 6-8 cars ahead of him quickly - then I eased off the gas as it was no contest.
You sure the guy was racing LOL? If your "L"SS is FWD then I don't get it. On my AWD LSI with 2.5L (9:1CR)/VF39 etc it spins the crap of the front wheels until the AT trans locks up the center diff. It's quick but will not run away like that.
1.) '02 WRX-2482cc-TD06H-20G-FMIC (just sold)
2.) '90 Legacy-2.5 turbo, VF39, Haltech E8 in-hand - waiting for the 5mt swap
_Aramchek_
First Gear

Post by _Aramchek_ »

2002-2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP-Killed by my Stock 91 SS,started out from 25mph he was swerving around like an idiot behind me,the headlights receded quite nicely. Then he followed my wife and I back in town and proceeded to make a drunken ass of himself saying "but it's all about the drifting" right before getting pissed,taking off and nearly taking out a parked car in the process.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

tmarcel wrote:
BXSS wrote:Well its no contest, but I killed a Sentra SER V-spec (new Maxima-like body '07 or '08?).

You sure the guy was racing LOL? If your "L"SS is FWD then I don't get it. On my AWD LSI with 2.5L (9:1CR)/VF39 etc it spins the crap of the front wheels until the AT trans locks up the center diff. It's quick but will not run away like that.
Never looked @ this again, but

Yeah he was trying to beat up on my poor SS - he passed me @ WOT (based on the exhaust screaming) as we merged on the H/W & was trying to cut through traffic like an A-hole.
I was probably going 35MPH when I floored it (the SS) & took off.

Sentra SER v-specs are like 15.0-15.2 cars - slow....

I also raced a CTS-V (V8-LS1) @ the track when I "tested" the SS.
I lost by about 1-1.5 car lengths, but was ahead-even with that thing up to about 1/2 track - I did not launch & he spun tires like a madman.

+

I raced a 03-04 Evo on the track day.
Right on the launch he got an easy 4-5 car lengths on me, but when the SS boosted the EVO did not spread the gap any more to my surprise.
Any way you cut it I lost.

All of the above encounters were with the EJ20G/TD04 & alky-less, the car should fair better now with the TD05, EL headers, L/W Crank pulley & ALKY.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
Aussie_in_mo
In Neutral

Post by Aussie_in_mo »

Kill - My buddy's 86 RX Sedan (EA82T) in the dirt. I was running bone stock on the 13" H alloys on the Brat and walked away from him all day...

Kill - mid 80's Camaro, if it wasn't for the corners and my lower weight he woulda killed me for sure but there's something re-assuring about throwing the Brat into a 20mph rated corner @ 50 and knowing I'm coming out at about 60 :-)

Killed by - Pretty much anything that squares off at the lights on asphalt... The Brat's more at home in 4x4 on the dirt!!
'82 Brat (EA81 w/73hp and a 4spd single range trans)
'00 OBW (EJ25 w/5spd)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I miss the old EA81 cars. My wagon and sedan could be thrown in a corner about as fast as you could accelerate before you got to it. Surprised Corvettes and BMWs pretty often.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

Killed: 89 honda CRX(kid from school thought it was the fastest car around). 91 ss by a hair first time( raced 2x). 88 honda accord

killed by: 91 ss on second race, 07 mustang GT

dont really get a chance to race ppl often
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

its been a while but i could not resist and i didnt not start this at all!!!

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 silver, it was up a very steep mountian hwy hill. lol the look on his face after i pulled away was so funny LOL. 6gear wot from 145km passed him at 170kms, he must be at the dealership saying i want my money back!!! some kid in a white jap car just smoked me lol!!
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

i stomped a 02(ish) lancer rally edition....
pulled up to the light with my subs bumpin behind me, turn over and this fool and his buddy are laughing hardcore, so i revved it. smoked him the first race, O YA and the second and the third, what a coincidence. i didnt think older cars could beat newer cars especially since it was an OZ RALLY EDITION lol lmfao did i make any1 proud? lol
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Trounced my buddy's '99 Civic Si (stock) hatch in my dad's uber-stock SS 4eat.

We had been working late and left work at about 7pm-ish. The shop we work at is in a business park, so there wasn't any traffic what-so-ever. I was watching him in my rear view mirror, he pulled along side and mashed the throttle, so I did the same. Once the automatic got the idea that I was trying to accelerate and downshifted I was about a half a car length back. By the time it had to shift I had him by like a car length and then he backed off.

Surprised me that I pulled on him. He didn't want to talk about it.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You have a turbo, right? I had one of those Si's only begin to walk away from my N/A wagon after 80.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Yeah, it was a turbo 4eat. My 5mt turbo legacy would walk all over his Si.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3