Japanese Racing Game

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Japanese Racing Game

Post by originalcyn »

This guy took a few shots on his trip to Tokyo and Kyoto of the various gaming rigs he saw around (http://imgur.com/a/hrcs0) but this one caught my eye:

Full size cars that banked side to side with the driving
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Japanese Racing Game

Post by Legacy777 »

That's pretty cool! I never saw that when I was over there....wonder if it's new.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

:shock:
Next will be one where you sit in a car, press the pedals and turn the wheel to make it move about.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

Initial D forth stage game ftw
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

beatersubi wrote::shock:
Next will be one where you sit in a car, press the pedals and turn the wheel to make it move about.

That'll never happen! Blasphemy!!
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I was under the impression that's precisely what that was. Why put it in the car if you weren't going to use the cars peripherals as the controller? I once saw an article of a guy who had a brand new ae86 in his basement. It still had the factory plastics on the floormats and interior. Brought it home and parked it in the basement and never drove it. 3 decades later still has new car smell. Kind of unrelated but that's what that pic reminded me of.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Haha, i took the comment as a joke about just straight up driving a car. But i imagine that you use a set of pedals and a steering wheel in those "cars" after all there's tons of arcade games that use pedals and a steering wheel.

Kimo, did you see that article about the guy who pieced together a Lamborghini or something like that over a decade in his basement? and once he finished he had to tear down one of the walls of the house to get it out?

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/10/man-b ... ountac.php
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

That's pretty cool. Never seen that. I once found a 1990ish toyota supra on ebay. Only had about 60 miles on it. Brand new. A guys father bought it new and drove it home and parked it in his garage. Said it scared him to drive it because it was so fast. Never drove it. Died and left it to his son. Naturally son sells it on ebay. What a loser.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Found it! I wish I could see this car. There's something incredible about seeing a car this old in its brand new showroom debut condition. It feels like time travel. Its so much different than a new car today yet that's how it was sold all those years ago. I love it.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/08/Toy ... me_capsule_/

James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Amazing. Is it just me or do they filter/focus their lenses as to diminish the scale and make it look like their doing detail shots on a scale model?
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Are you talking about the wide angle fish eye lens? That's just so they can get everything they want in the picture. Wide angle lens is very useful for shooting interior shots. Ever try to get good shots inside your car with a regular lens? It sucks and you really are limited.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Not that shot, but the other exterior shots in the article which aren't fish-eye'd.

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Yeah James, that technique is called "tilt shift" and it looks really cool on video especially. Check out "tilt shift monster trucks" on YouTube.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Oh I see now.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

mike-tracy wrote:Yeah James, that technique is called "tilt shift" and it looks really cool on video especially. Check out "tilt shift monster trucks" on YouTube.
That is... wow. I can't convince my brain that I'm not looking at little toys. Not sure why they'd use it for shots of that AE86 though.