Been a long time

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Been a long time

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hello everyone! Been a long time since I've been on here but thought I'd drop in and say hi. Not sure if any of the old schoolers are still active here but hope everyone is doing well and continuing the dream. I sold Subarina around 12 years ago now and still regret it. I hope she's still around and that whoever has her is treating her right and enjoying her playful manner as much as I did. When I let her go, it was her or the wife, should have kept the car as the wife was gone anyways shortly after! Hard lesson learned.

Anyways, hope all are well!

~Matt
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
mike-tracy

Re: Been a long time

Post by mike-tracy »

Hi Matt, I remember reading some of your older posts back in my lurker days. Didn't some jackwagons give you shit for going with the Audi? Such a cool car. How is it treating you?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Yeah, I got a little bit of a hard time but some of that was friends, like Steve (evolutionmovement) upset I went away from the 1st Gen's and Subaru's or at least I think it was part of it. I still have the UrS4 and she's been pretty good to me. It's not an easy vehicle to get parts for in some cases and can be big $ but a lot of fun and the AAN I-5 20vT is a bullet proof motor. No need for any internal upgrades until you're pushing the 450-500 hp range and an incredible torque monster. In my defense I say, hey, I'm still a 2.2l guy! :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

You should post up some pics and vids if you have them
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

MATT!!

Long time no see! It's good to hear from you. There's still a couple of us "old schoolers" around.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

It's nice that original members are still about. Though I haven't seen evolutionmovement in a long time, which is a shame.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

He's on Facebook, so I still see him on there occasionally.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Oh good. I'm glad he's doing alright.
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

magicmike in the hizzouse! also never come on here anymore. too depressing. I spent so much money on my wagons and in the end at least my white one went to a good home. I sold it to a pair of brothers on this board and they are keeping it alive. The funny thing is that they live in my home town where I built the silver one and rebuilt the engine in my parents basement lol. That was so long ago and I too buckled to the wife pressure to sell although living in new England it was tough to do maintenance on the car with everything rusting so heavily.

I used to live on this board for a while there but now times are changing and I'm married with twin boys and don't have time to even eat a warm dinner anymore never mind play around with a car.

Glad everyone is well..
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

magicmike wrote:I used to live on this board for a while there but now times are changing and I'm married with twin boys and don't have time to even eat a warm dinner anymore never mind play around with a car.

Glad everyone is well..

Congrats on the boys Mike. I'm sure they're keeping you quite busy.

I was in the Toronto Canada area the last two weeks and I had forgot how bad the salt can be on cars. There were newerish cars that had rot around the rocker panels and fenders.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

magicmike wrote:magicmike in the hizzouse! also never come on here anymore. too depressing. I spent so much money on my wagons and in the end at least my white one went to a good home. I sold it to a pair of brothers on this board and they are keeping it alive. The funny thing is that they live in my home town where I built the silver one and rebuilt the engine in my parents basement lol. That was so long ago and I too buckled to the wife pressure to sell although living in new England it was tough to do maintenance on the car with everything rusting so heavily.

I used to live on this board for a while there but now times are changing and I'm married with twin boys and don't have time to even eat a warm dinner anymore never mind play around with a car.

Glad everyone is well..
That's funny! I'm married now and have twin boys! They turn a year in May. They are definitely a time sink, but of the good kind. I don't drive the legacy as much anymore, but I still get it out from time to time and now it usually is my track day fun car. My daily driver is still a suby, though: forester. I feel like I've turned into my dad. When I was little he drove around a subaru DL wagon. Now I'm driving a forester wagon. =) At least mine is a turbo.

Matt, its great to see you! Sorry to hear about the misfortunes, but it's good to see you are doing well! We need some photos of that Audi!
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold