perfection motorsports

Parts and services from sanctioned vendors and businesses.

Moderator: Moderators

kelley
Vendor
Vendor

perfection motorsports

Post by kelley »

just wanted to take the time to introuce myelf. most of you know of me from posting on this forum. my name is kelley bourland.
I have started a business called perfection motorsports.
website will be www.perfectionmotorsportsinc.com
I will be offering a new line of the highest quality parts for all of your performance needs. everything from ecu's to fuel systems to complete motors and everything in between. along with perfessional service including engine management tuneing and will have a dyno on site at some point.
you can reach me by pm, email or by phone at 503-312-2596
thank you, kelley.
perfection motorsports
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

You rock Kelley. I'm glad you finally got your shop going. Any luck with getting your car on sportcompact magazine?
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

hey thanks for the comments man. I appreciate the words.
scc. well when the car is done (hopefully soon) I'm pretty sure scc would be agreable to doing an article.
thanks kelley.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

dude that kicks ass. :twisted: will you for chance be making pipes for a fmic or kit for sale like the one you have on your car?
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

thanks, yes a bolt on intercooler pipe kit is in the works.
no estimated time of completion yet. but hopefully soon.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

kelley wrote:thanks, yes a bolt on intercooler pipe kit is in the works.
no estimated time of completion yet. but hopefully soon.
:twisted: That'd be kick ass.

Is that a FMIC and intercooler pipes or just the pipes?
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

thanks again.
well to be honest there are quite a few front mount intercoolers on the market that work quite well on all subaru's so at this point I don't really see a need for such a product at this point. there seems to be more of a need for a pipe kit. I will be able to supply most if not all of the differant front mounts at a very good price.
so unless I see a need for such a product I would say no for now.
I am interested in bringing superior and unique products to the market at competitive prices and I just dont see a fmic being said product at this time but that could change. but offering an existing fmic with the pipe kit as a package is definately an option.
thanks, kelley
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Making some sort of mid pipe and offering it in both a 2.5 and a 3" diameter would be a unique item that you could guarantee some business in. If it was cut a little shorter than standard, we could pick any WRX downpipe(some of which you would carry , of course :wink: ) and mate it to the mid-pipe. I think you would get every performance minded Legacy turbo owner who doesn't have access to a TIG welder, to buy from you.

And of course, an intake kit for the Legacy Turbos would get our buy dollars as well. I really hope someone is going to step up and fulfill the needs of our unique market...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

perfection motorsports has a dedicated line. it is now
503-810-9674
please disreguard the number above.
thanks, kelley.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hey Kelley, any word on when the web site's going to be up? I'm anxious to see what you have to offer.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

the website, it is so close to being done. I'm hopeing we can get it done and up this weekend.
I will announce it here when it is live.
thanks, kelley.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. :)
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
88xt6joe
First Gear

Post by 88xt6joe »

kelley wrote:the website, it is so close to being done. I'm hopeing we can get it done and up this weekend.
I will announce it here when it is live.
thanks, kelley.
Great I can't wait to see it.

Joe
1988 XT6"A work in progress"
1988 GL Wagon" Rusty but trusty"
1991 Legacy L Sedan AWD 5 Speed
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

just wanted to let everyone know that perfection motorsports is now available for service in the portland, oregon area. most labor rate is $50 per hour. hours are currently by appointment. for questions, job quotes, and appointments contact is 503-810-9674.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Any word on the FMIC kits?

Are you working on injector kits/packages? I'd be more interested in this than anything else (except for some quality standalone to meter the injectors, and a beef turbo to feed it all).

I meant to ask, how difficult is it to set up a MAP based air metering system with your ECU? MAF sensors interfere with creativity under the hood :(
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

When is the website going to be up? I'm interested really interested in seeing it.
-Matt

'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

I am sorrie this is takeing so long. I just want everything done perfectly. thanks for bearing with me every one.
I will anounce here when the site is live. I have both the fuel systems and the ecu that will be available to purchase soon. I just want to test everything first so that everything will go smoothly for people. I have always hated getting a part for my car that I was really excited about and then something is either missing or has to be modified. I just don't want my customers to have to deal with that. I want my customers to expect the very best and be completely satisfied with our products and service. we are currently in the process of installing the ecu and will share with every one here the outcomes as soon as everything is finished. then the fuel systems are next. then the ej25 na testing will start after that. then after that the ej257 testings.
phil, yes you can ditch your maf. it is board mounted. I am not going to say much more about the ecu as this time. there are many exclusive features to this ecu and want to become more firmiliar with it before I share a whole lot about it. but basically all or the cool features available on other ecu brands are standard on ours plus much more, while haveing a much faster processor than other boards.
this is a really amazeing ecu.
thanks to all who are watching perfection motorsports and I look forward to working with all of you.
kelley :D
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Will the ecu have decent base maps for common mods (eg. TD05 w/intercooler)? I would like to get a stand alone ecu, but my tuning experience is zero and experienced shop access around here is limited at best.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Thanks Kelley! I was really really hoping you'd do a MAP based system. I can't wait to see the features. If it comes "pre-programmed" with a stock-esque fuel map (i.e. so you can install it, and drive the car while doing other mods and such) that'd be bonzai. Tuning is no problem for me, TurboXS is literally 10 minutes from my house :).

Speaking of the FMIC kit, any word on it? It'd be super sweet to sell a COMPLETE FMIC kit for popular turbo's (I.e. those that include the JDM bumper beam or directions on how to mod the stock beam).
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Sweet, no MAF means that we can put a nice wrx cold air intake into our fender wall without much modification. :)
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Do you think that a map setting on these would pass california emissions? I guess you'd just have to tune it for that, huh?

That is my biggest concern. CA sucks as far as emissions go. I'm hearing rumors of them wanting to bring out the roadside sniffers again in the future. That would mean good bye test pipe. :(
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

yes I think, given the right map, you could pass emision testing. you would have to have a cat in there. these cars do not have obd2, so that makes it easy. you just have to pass the sniffer tests. we are working on a way around this for the obd2 vehicles.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

wow nice.

Yeah I like haveing an OBDI vehicle. :)
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

So you make an ECU that would allow us to remove our MAF? how is that possible? can someone ring in on this? I know you said you couldn't give too much away, but... ???

i'm lost.

-=tristan
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

Sounds great, Kelley... I await the fine line of products you will be offering the Legacy community. This ECU sounds most intriguing...and I understand you'll have high flow injectors that will fit our stock turbo rails?

FMIC pipe kit is tempting, too...are we talking FMIC without losing the A/C condenser?
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift