86 Subaru Leone

Information about specific car builds.

Moderator: Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:i got this app to shortan the videos and it had a feature so i tried it out lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTQCAceEuBo

Look at you Mr. Fancy video man :)

So did the app do all of that or did you put that together?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:the rattle is the twin plate clutch i cant get away from that sound ! it sucks but i need that set up to hold the power to the floor.
I didn't notice a rattle in the videos before, but I'll have to go back and listen. So the rattle is with the Exedy twin disc setup? How does the clutch pedal feel? Is it very stiff?

I've got a package scale and I'm going to try and figure out how much force it takes to depress the clutch scale.....I'd be curious to know how it compares to your setup, since that's what I was leaning towards.

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

Nice vid! I lol'd at the Subaru Technico International
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
livestrong14
Fourth Gear

Post by livestrong14 »

Now is just needs the RX sideskirts and rear lip!
91 SS -Carbon Bronze Pearl
EJ257/EJ205 Hybrid
Built by NWSS www.simplysubie.com

93 Ford Ranger-DD
91 Rio Red SS- RallyX Project
93 AWD Sedan- FOR SALE!

Sponsors: NWSS, Forced Performance, Surgeline, RalliTEK
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

SILINC3R wrote:Haha that video is awesome. I love the way this little car looks. Can't go wrong with a white car and gold rims and some black trim.
lol first video had no clue what i was doing in that imove app turned out funny haha. ya its looking good i had a gc say style white and black gold it reminds me of it so much but way cooler older an so nimble wow its crazy.

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:i got this app to shortan the videos and it had a feature so i tried it out lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTQCAceEuBo

Look at you Mr. Fancy video man :)

So did the app do all of that or did you put that together?

LOL i didnt even know what app i was getting, i had to shorten a video to send those clips to my cousin in italy and switzerland and then i seen a section you cut and paste and add the wording in lol, thats what turned out hahaha.

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:the rattle is the twin plate clutch i cant get away from that sound ! it sucks but i need that set up to hold the power to the floor.
I didn't notice a rattle in the videos before, but I'll have to go back and listen. So the rattle is with the Exedy twin disc setup? How does the clutch pedal feel? Is it very stiff?

I've got a package scale and I'm going to try and figure out how much force it takes to depress the clutch scale.....I'd be curious to know how it compares to your setup, since that's what I was leaning towards.

Thanks
yep those twin disc rattle when you push the clutch in they all do it sounds like bolts or motor is broken lol... all rally cars at my buddys shop have them and they do the same. for some reason not so loud in my car maybe after i beat it up it will get a little bit more noise.

the pedal feels a pinch stiffer then stock, its like my single disc HD version. i was thini ng hard to drive but its like stock not bad at all.

i dont know how much force it takes i have no scale to do that test wish i did to give you a better idea what where looking at ;( .

mike-tracy wrote:Nice vid! I lol'd at the Subaru Technico International
lol ya its like my own technico department and in itlaian thats the real spelling of it haha.

livestrong14 wrote:Now is just needs the RX sideskirts and rear lip!
i friging wish i could find those parts also i tried. the lip was like a find of no other thats for sure ! shoot even the car was so much luck !!

so the muffler on the car is really shitty sounding like raspy fart can that is so loud. it makes the car look and sound like garboo !

Franz gave me a link to some mad muffler people that don't F around in this department in building a car ! its not cheap but it sure is for life. these exhaust open up, when it wears out then you buy a new core. its high quality no messing around shit ! o and its light weight good god !! this italian salami weights more then the muffler

Aerospace Hardware & Fasteners

my 2x ealr's coolers for my awic system that will be put in once the water reservoir comes in.

and my father made me a nice aluminm battery bracket to make space for the intercooler water tank. battery is on the strut tower wall now like a boss.

maybe a aim cluster ???? (mount it in the glove box) but so i can watch EVERY SINGLE thing going on in the motor section lol right Dov lol.

fits nice if i do get it.
1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by entirelyturbo »

Do you have inspections to pass?

If not, I say screw the muffler and run a straight pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:my 2x ealr's coolers for my awic system that will be put in once the water reservoir comes in.

So you're just using these two coolers as your front exchanger for your intercooler? If so, they may not be enough...
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

Is it OK to use Extra S in the rear VLSD, or does it need to have this LSD oil?

"and the diff fluid is ready to be add"
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

The rear VLSD is a sealed unit, so just use Extra-S. No limited slip additive needed.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

^^ what he said yes
Dynamic Entry wrote:Is it OK to use Extra S in the rear VLSD, or does it need to have this LSD oil?
that stuff is for the STi rear diff special for them.

DerFahrer wrote:Do you have inspections to pass?

If not, I say screw the muffler and run a straight pipe.

no more inspection for this car main reason why i did it lol, 1987 is last year for us up here :twisted:

this new muffler is just insane !! it sounds so good i dont even know how to explain it. its deep its quiet and on the gas its just mean ! need to get a real video clip of this thing. best muffler i ever got !

Legacy777 wrote: So you're just using these two coolers as your front exchanger for your intercooler? If so, they may not be enough...
yes and no, first i will try the two coolers but i have a big water tank coming in that is going in the spot for the battery. if those coolers suck then a/c is coming out :( and that first set up rad i played with is going in and use those coolers for something else down the road. franz is coming up with week so will see what happens and dyno day is coming with week also.

so 3000kms on new motor no problems only a blown shock easy fix replace one day did it and car drives amazing so far. hit boost a couple times not full tillt but just a bit. full boost in this car = mad ness !! cv shafts is going to snap or tires will light up in a blaze of smoke its scary for sure.

around corners its like something else out of this world, not even my legacy or gc could beat this car around a corner i dont know what it is but its like glued to corners.

dyno day end of the week i hope it goes well.

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

is this my new wall paper, I think it is!
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

NICO wrote:^^ what he said yes
Dynamic Entry wrote:Is it OK to use Extra S in the rear VLSD, or does it need to have this LSD oil?
Thanks to both of you.

Very impressive build Nico. I didn't think I could ever think so highly of a Leone.
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

NICO wrote:yes and no, first i will try the two coolers but i have a big water tank coming in that is going in the spot for the battery. if those coolers suck then a/c is coming out :( and that first set up rad i played with is going in and use those coolers for something else down the road. franz is coming up with week so will see what happens and dyno day is coming with week also.

Don't get rid of the AC. With a big resevoir you may be ok. I'd go with some kind of custom exchanger over pulling the AC out. You could likely figure something out, even if it required ducting and putting dual coolers on either side in the fenderwells.

BTW, Nice pics Nico.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

SILINC3R wrote:is this my new wall paper, I think it is!
LOL

Dynamic Entry wrote:
NICO wrote:^^ what he said yes
Thanks to both of you.

Very impressive build Nico. I didn't think I could ever think so highly of a Leone.

no worries, glad you like how it all turned out.

Legacy777 wrote:
NICO wrote:yes and no, first i will try the two coolers but i have a big water tank coming in that is going in the spot for the battery. if those coolers suck then a/c is coming out :( and that first set up rad i played with is going in and use those coolers for something else down the road. franz is coming up with week so will see what happens and dyno day is coming with week also.

Don't get rid of the AC. With a big resevoir you may be ok. I'd go with some kind of custom exchanger over pulling the AC out. You could likely figure something out, even if it required ducting and putting dual coolers on either side in the fenderwells.

BTW, Nice pics Nico.

well so far so good with the water box will see tomorrow when we really pound on it ! next year i think i got a better idea to solve this no room problem up front. right now, water tank with two coolers so its looking good.

well water box is in, its so well made its crazy to put it in there but it must.

gave Donny the inch and boom he makes it up fast quick and pressure tested.

http://dadscustomintercoolertank.com/

Dominator
First Gear

Post by Dominator »

Holy crap. Nico, that's a nice tank. He does good work. I'm digging this build thread, keep up the awesome work!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, that is pretty amazing work.....and a good location for that box. I like that location if I ever move the battery. I may try and have a custom tank made to replace the windshield washer tank so I can have a resevoir and keep a small bit for windshield washer fluid. I haven't really needed it, but it can't hurt right :)

You'll have to keep us posted on what your idea for additional cooling/space constraints are.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

Dominator wrote:Holy crap. Nico, that's a nice tank. He does good work. I'm digging this build thread, keep up the awesome work!
thank you and yes its a work of art for sure ! it works amazing to fits perfect.

Legacy777 wrote:Yeah, that is pretty amazing work.....and a good location for that box. I like that location if I ever move the battery. I may try and have a custom tank made to replace the windshield washer tank so I can have a resevoir and keep a small bit for windshield washer fluid. I haven't really needed it, but it can't hurt right :)

You'll have to keep us posted on what your idea for additional cooling/space constraints are.

it works perfect my water intercooler system, i just have to move the coolers to make it great or else its working perfect with the tank in the battery spot.

ya this car has the washer tank in the fender on the other side so its a bonus, maybe the old school tank could work in the new cars ? you never know with subaru lol.

if that set up didnt work i would make a new a/c condenser half the size but thicker and use the other half for a awic rad same size as the a/c one on the other side.

well Franz has come and gone and it was a busy time while he was here. i had a couple problems that i need to fix to make it work right. so i could not get my dyno time :(

My grocery list !

1... i need to cut vents in the hood because this subaru intake temps are way to hot ! :firedevil:

2... i need to make a safety strap on the drive shaft, also add a little better support on the rear diff so it does not end up on the tarmac !

3.... move my water coolers in a better place

what we have now is a 17psi road tune that to be honest is just crazy to even go to 25psi how fast this car is right now. i am kind of glad i didn't get all the power at once its a tricky car to drive that's for sure.

once i fix the problems then 25psi dyno tune will be done, ill push for the end of the season but no promise its getting late and the car needs to be put away soon.

Franz pictures

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

1986 Subaru GL-10 Leone TURBO

Post by entirelyturbo »

As far as I'm concerned, you now have the most desirable 80s Subaru in this hemisphere, if not the world.

There are other STi-swapped EA Subarus out there, but none of them look even half as clean, thorough, and tasteful as yours.

You really did an awesome job. I hope I get to see it in person one day.

2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Every time I look at this thing I fall more and more in love with it.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
FundamentalyConfused
First Gear

Post by FundamentalyConfused »

Nico is going to have to change his sig soon lol.
1999 Forester S 5MT 200,000 miles and counting.
1990 Legacy L Sedan AWD 5MT Retired at 369,471 Miles
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Nico,

What were your intake temps like and why do you need to cut vents in the hood? Intake temps should be a product of the intercooler temps and efficiency of the cooler & exchanger.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Legacy777 wrote:Nico,

What were your intake temps like and why do you need to cut vents in the hood? Intake temps should be a product of the intercooler temps and efficiency of the cooler & exchanger.
And air filter placement.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

But high under hood temperatures can contribute to heat soak, can it not?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

DerFahrer wrote:As far as I'm concerned, you now have the most desirable 80s Subaru in this hemisphere, if not the world.

There are other STi-swapped EA Subarus out there, but none of them look even half as clean, thorough, and tasteful as yours.

You really did an awesome job. I hope I get to see it in person one day.

thank you, um if your up here at all or if i come down there ever ill bring it by. i'm going to va soon with it to tune.

SILINC3R wrote:Every time I look at this thing I fall more and more in love with it.

lol glad you like it it sure is a fun car.

FundamentalyConfused wrote:Nico is going to have to change his sig soon lol.
you sir are so right i forgot, my poor legacy is gone !

you are very right ! my iat is hitting 60 on the vipec but i got rid of the a/c now and fixed the coolers and got it down 20, but it still needs more for 25psi which i think we are taking care of in this next update. lol dont worry i didnt cut the hood just yet, but if this next step dont work the saw is coming out on the spare race hood ill call it lol.

beatersubi wrote:

And air filter placement.
that is also right but i have no room for it down in the fender with out moving my washer tank.

evolutionmovement wrote:But high under hood temperatures can contribute to heat soak, can it not?
it sure can ! the hood will get vents if this next step dont work.

so in order to lower my intake temps with out cutting my hood i sacrificed my a/c system :( .

by getting rid of the a/c system i gained just about 20 degrees off the 60 degree iat temp, out side temp is 20 degree.

i just could not cut the hood with out trying the last step, a massive awic cooler (26x7x2). if this does not cool my intake then i am busting the saw out and going to town on the stock hood or the brand new OEM one i have laying around that i picked up for this problem.

so as of now car runs good at 17psi i am a drifter out of control with awd lol. my gas tank sprung a leak do to the vent line sensor not working should have un plugged it like i did for my legacy ! instead it split it self down the side of the tank like a pop can.

a new OEM subaru one is on its way so i can put more then 10bucks in the car and make my way to see Franz and get it tuned on the dyno by the end of this fall weather.

FundamentalyConfused
First Gear

Post by FundamentalyConfused »

Not to pry dude but what kind of job do I need to get to afford this kind of project?
30,000 a yr, 40,000/yr, or what. lol

I could so do a project like this if I had the $ for it. I need to win the lottery already!!
1999 Forester S 5MT 200,000 miles and counting.
1990 Legacy L Sedan AWD 5MT Retired at 369,471 Miles