Which Y Pipe Should I Get?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Post by 93legacylsleeper »

This is a little off topic... I am putting the 06 TMIC on a 93ss and I'm wondering if i can buy a WRX or STI aftermarket CAI or SRI and throw it into the SS. Will it fit? I don't mind doing some modification. I'm also planning on switching to the JECS MAF if this makes a difference. I looked for someone using a WRX / STI CAI or SRI but couldn't find anything.
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

The WRX/STi intakes do not drop in, because the EJ22T is not designed for the intake to go under the manifold runners. Extensive modding of the Power Steering pump/mounts and (I think) raising of the manifold on spacers are the minimum requirements, with a whole lot of fitting time.

The JECS MAF sends different voltage to the ECU than the stock one, it only works if the ECU is tuned for it (Revtronix) or some rewiring is done (search around or someone who has done this will speak up).

I ended up fabbing my own CAI off the 90* elbow, using parts from generic ricer intakes.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
93legacylsleeper
Second Gear

Post by 93legacylsleeper »

Thanks for the info. I am a fan of your method of making your own. Im planning on the Revtronix stage 2. Already have the 06 TMIC waiting just trying to decide on a turbo... For now im parts hunting :twisted: