'06 WRX TMIC Conversion Problems

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

mattsbc
In Neutral

'06 WRX TMIC Conversion Problems

Post by mattsbc »

Ok, I just bought a '91 Legacy Turbo. I love the car. It is intercooled, I assume the intercooler is out of a WRX or something simular, I cannot get the "Y Pipe" to seal. The way they have it cut off from the original pipeing does not allow me to clamp it down tightly without crushing and crimping the "Y Pipe". I believe that I am getting some horrific boost leakage from this area. If anyone has done this conversion and could possibly give me a few pointers on how to fix the leak I would greatly appreciate it. O Yeah, I would also like to know if anyone knows of any aftermarket parts web adrresses for this model vehicle?
Thanks For All The Help,
Matt
'91 Legacy Turbo- Died...
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan 5MT, FMIC, TD04 Clocked, Custom DP and exhaust, STI Yellow Top Sidefeeds, N/A Fuel Rails, Deatschwerx 255lph Fuel Pump, AEM Wideband Uego Setup, Apex-I S-AFC, MBC soon to be EBC! This thing rocks!!!
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

Matt, without seeing pics, it sounds like it was done the way I first was playing with mine. You will need to replace the Y-pipe with a silicone setup.

The thread here will tell you all you need: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=38598
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

also which turbo do you have, stock?
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
mattsbc
In Neutral

Post by mattsbc »

Yeah, It's stock.... However, I am looking into buying a TD04. If I do decide to I will buy it this week and probably just deal with the leak until then.
'91 Legacy Turbo- Died...
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan 5MT, FMIC, TD04 Clocked, Custom DP and exhaust, STI Yellow Top Sidefeeds, N/A Fuel Rails, Deatschwerx 255lph Fuel Pump, AEM Wideband Uego Setup, Apex-I S-AFC, MBC soon to be EBC! This thing rocks!!!
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

grab a td04, plumbing a vf 11 is not easy and if it's not perfect it will leak.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)