FMIC install...

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

logan9691
Second Gear

FMIC install...

Post by logan9691 »

I know it isn't very far yet since I got called into work this afternoon but I'm finally starting my FMIC install, gonna be pretty awesome when its done though.

VF43 custom FMIC APEXI intake Invidia 3" TBE JDM Ver. 4 RA STi trans (4.44) SPT short shifter rear LSD WRX rear axels coilover suspension JDM 4-pot front brakes drilled slotted rottors Greddy EBC tuned 20G ECU sti 550cc injectors Jecs MAF walbro 255
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: FMIC install...

Post by kimokalihi »

NICE! Some day I will follow in your footsteps.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

Haha thanks right now there isn't much to follow in right now.
VF43 custom FMIC APEXI intake Invidia 3" TBE JDM Ver. 4 RA STi trans (4.44) SPT short shifter rear LSD WRX rear axels coilover suspension JDM 4-pot front brakes drilled slotted rottors Greddy EBC tuned 20G ECU sti 550cc injectors Jecs MAF walbro 255
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

True but you are a lot further than I am. I just finally got my Ypipe extended yesterday and now my intercooler fits and is ready to be mounted permanently but I still have to figure out some hoses below it and remove the damper on my clutch and then after that I have to figure out my bypass valve setup.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

very sweet, I am gonna do FMIC and all that good stuff too when this car isnt my DD. Ill be keeping an eye on your progress though.
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

Update time!

BIG THANKS to my brother Allen and his friend Joel for helping me with cutting and welding.

Next up the cold side and gotta notch the hood cause the intake is hitting it now :/
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

what kit did you go with? I'm currently researching...
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

Bought the core and piping separately. Core is a godspeed type L and the piping was from ebay, but I dont think you can get on there anymore, but you can get them through there actual website. http://www.4caroption.com/product/1972/ ... ing_Polish

I also had to get some different size couplers and I get all of mine from siliconeintakes.com
If you look at my pictures you can see that a couple pieces of the hose (exhaust hose atm) are longer then traditional couplers (usually 3") I just ordered a 2' piece of 2.5" silicone hose to replace those (except for the turbo outlet) and I will also use about a 5" piece for the cold side of the core. I'm also going to use a 2.75"-2.5" 90 degree bend to connect to the throttle body and cut pipe that is suppose to go there, this will help the pipe fit better. Once all of the test fitting is done (which is taking longer then expected) I will take the pipe in to have my BOV flange welded on. I don't have a picture but my brother cut the flange that comes already on the pipe since it's in a bad place and to big for my BOV.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

you think this would be more cost effective? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRacing ... ccessories
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

Probably. The only reason I didn't get that one was because of the size of the core and it possibly causing problems with getting the bumper cover to go back on. If you look at mine, I was able to get it up and back far enough that I don't think that it will be a problem getting the bumper cover to fit over it. Remember, our cars are really in no way made to have one of these (FMIC) put on them so the more compact you can go (without compromising efficiency) the better. This is my opinion from just watching the whole install process and realizing how much of a bigger pain in the ass it might have been if the core was any bigger then it was. For comparison sake we compared my Godspeed core to the Perrin core on my brother project wagon and they measured up to be almost the same same (height x length) his was just a little wider.
Florin1
Fourth Gear

Post by Florin1 »

yeah i was thinking the same thing. i just cant find one w/ a smaller core.
1994 Legacy Sport Sedan.
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan.
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

Godspeed sells an entire kit with the same core as mine, its basically it's an identical kit to mine I believe, but it's for a WRX. The only reason I didn't get it is because I was hoping that the piping for the GC8 impreza might fit my car better, but that wasn't really the case.
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

What are the dimensions of the core?
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

macipusy wrote:What are the dimensions of the core?
20" x 9" x 2.5"
yazmo
Third Gear

Post by yazmo »

im so jaleous guy lol

i wish i know more mechanic and have the right tools or friend that would help me
its so crazy all the tweak that can be done
each and everyday i am more interested

i live montreal , quebec so if anyone is around let me know hehe

nicew work with the fmic