FMIC sizing?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

legacymax
Second Gear

FMIC sizing?

Post by legacymax »

Hello all,
I have a 94 tw with an ej20g in it. I currently am running a slanty version 2 wrx TMIC with stock hood scoop. I personally don't like the look of larger hood scoops on the t-legs and I am looking at run a small front mount like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Univer ... ba&vxp=mtr
The smaller IC is to reduce lag and how much of the bumper beam i would need to cut out. I want to route my piping directly under my headlights to reduce pipe length and allow me to keep my JDM fog lights. I am thinking I would run 2.25in hotside to IC and 2.5in from IC to throttle body. The largest turbo I would be considering is a twin scroll vf36 or vf56 and am currently running a td05H. I am looking to top out at around 350hp.

So what do you all think? Has anyone used a smaller IC like this?
-Max
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Re: FMIC sizing?

Post by cj91legss »

My greddy wrx kit was 2.25" hot and 2.75" cold. As far as the size of that intercooler, since it's only 6 inches tall, you probably wont have to cut your beam at all. I personally think it's a little small. but install would be pretty easy.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
beaconhillkilla
First Gear

Post by beaconhillkilla »

I have a larger cx racing fmic, and I wish I would have gotten a smaller one! It works and looks great, but was a pretty interesting install.
1992 Legacy SS - Auto to 5MT swap and too much of my free time.
legacymax
Second Gear

Post by legacymax »

Wow, that CX racing IC is huge! Thanks for your responses. CJ, that greddy kit seems like the size of piping I am going to want. I might just have to try it out and see how it performs.
-Max
94 legacy Silver Touring Wagon now w/ 5spd, Ground Controls, ej20g, rear VLSD, td05, and edms.
95 impreza Rally car. 3.0 H6
88 Toyota fj62 OME lift.