V5 TMIC?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

devilzdriver
First Gear

V5 TMIC?

Post by devilzdriver »

Crazy question looked can't seem to find a darn thing. Would a V5 STI TMIC fit a EJ22T with a stock VF11?
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Re: V5 TMIC?

Post by Thesubielover »

Yes, it will fit but you have to beat in your fire wall to clear the top half. Also, you may neet to mod the piping into the intercooler. I would reccomend the 2006-2008 tmic. I have a bigger one if you want in good shape. Let me know
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

You mean 06-07, 08 will not fit. And yeah, the 02-05 are not even close to being a bolt on item but then again no intercooler will be.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Thesubielover
Third Gear

Post by Thesubielover »

Didnt subaru atleast use the same intercooler on 3 years for the generation? Crazy. But Kimo is the man, he's right, everything done here will have to be self modified
93ss 3inch tbe, Hallman mbc,06 wrx td04, tmic, bov, bugeye seatsStolen x2, sold
93ss Stroker,440cc inj, VF39, '06 TMIC, EJ20G heads & intake, EJ25 crank, 4.11Traded
93ss 4eat, coils, stanced, wraped, flat black, stock show car
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Just putting an intercooler on our cars sucks ass. FMIC is worse...
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

cj91legss wrote:Just putting an intercooler on our cars sucks ass. FMIC is worse...

FMIC seems like it would be the easiest but then again what do i know lol, i am use to running tripple webbers, turbos are a new concept to me lol
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Intercoolers really aren't hard at all, the hard part is making it look good. But it's definitely worth it to keep things looking somewhat clean.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

I keep reading people say that when going TD04 and intercooler their gas mileage actually went up! But my biggest thing is for when i move to maryland (military) i have to get it to pass an insane ass safety and i dont know if it would, let alone emissions.
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Safety? Does it have to do that because it's traveling to a different state?
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Are you getting stationed in MD on orders? Military usually doesn't have to worry about such silly things, just keep your car registered in your home state and update your license/registration with your out of state military address.

Unless you're moving back to MD off of active duty. In which case you're boned :lol: But seriously, unless MD uses California emissions rules you should be fine with the TMIC/TD04. It doesn't effect emissions at all so long as it's not leaking and it's not a safety issue if it's all screwed in properly.

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
devilzdriver
First Gear

Post by devilzdriver »

James614 wrote:Are you getting stationed in MD on orders? Military usually doesn't have to worry about such silly things, just keep your car registered in your home state and update your license/registration with your out of state military address.

Unless you're moving back to MD off of active duty. In which case you're boned :lol: But seriously, unless MD uses California emissions rules you should be fine with the TMIC/TD04. It doesn't effect emissions at all so long as it's not leaking and it's not a safety issue if it's all screwed in properly.

Sadly uncle sam is getting me for another 4 more years, i need stability with starting a family and all, i have heard from other marines that people in their neighborhood rat them out about state registration. I honnestly dont think the subie would have a tough time, everything is clean and actually in quite good nick i want it to be my DD/Rallyx car. But from what i have read MD is just as bad as cali.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Even Cali let's you stay registered in your home of record legally if you're stationed on active duty.... its not something they can rat you out for as its specifically allowed by law, so long as you keep the registration up to date in your home state. I actually had to print out both NC code and PA code to prove this to my SNCOIC once. But it's well worth it for me not to deal with the BS of getting inspected in different states.