Anybody heard of these coilovers? (off an 04' STI)

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

GarekHurt
In Neutral

Anybody heard of these coilovers? (off an 04' STI)

Post by GarekHurt »

These look almost unused. Near me on Craigs, he's asking $200. Off of his 04' STI. Has anybody heard of this coilover company? Know anything about their product? I just picked up a 1991 Legacy L wagon and just replaced the granny 14s with stock 16" WRX rims (came with near new tires, all for $150) that were rattle-canned black (will remedy that asap!.) From all the info I ready, If these top hats worked in the rear of his 04 STI, these should be a straight swap? Oh, I put a new clutch kit in too.

Before:

Now:
mike-tracy

Re: Anybody heard of these coilovers? (off an 04' STI)

Post by mike-tracy »

The fronts bolt up, but the rears have a different bolt pattern. You could either get GC8 top hats, or drill out your holes in the rear strut tower to make it work. I haven't heard of this brand, but then again I don't really follow coilover news. ;)
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Re: Anybody heard of these coilovers? (off an 04' STI)

Post by jamal »

Yeah th rears won't fit in the strut tower, and they are for a wider-tracked car which can cause some alignment and binding issues.

Likely the same as every other cheap crappy coilover, just different colors and labels.

Will it perform better than 200k stock suspension, yeah I suppose.

But used $200 coilovers are probably not going to hold up very well. They tend to have issues with the top mounts, which will pop and clunk. The dampers themselves don't last very long, and they are fairly stiff and short on travel.

If you plan to drive the car awhile I would recommend spending a bit more on the suspension. The minimum would be fresh struts like KYbs. Then there are a couple of sets of ~$1000 or less coilovers I would actually use and recommend. These aren't one of them. The STs made by kw are probably the best option. I looked into Tein's new flex A and they are not currently available in the US. Looks like it would be around 1-1.5 months to get a set.
peter@functionauto.com