Is this correct for a suspension setup....

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Subiepoo11
First Gear

Post by Subiepoo11 »

Ok so I'm about to lower my 93 ss sedan. I've done a bunch of research through the suspension stickies and I just want to make sure this setup will be legit before I buy. I want the kyb agx's but I read when lowering they can be kind of point less cause you will have to have the dampening all the way up. So I'm just gonna do the gr2's. from what I read this is what I'll need... Kyb gr2's all around, I'm gonna use the H&R lowering springs. (Found a good deal online) for the top hats ill need the whiteline top hats for the front and for the rear I will need the 1998-2001 impreza p1 top hats since the rear spring at the top is a little bit smaller in diameter. If I remember right. Or should i get impreza struts and springs. I'm pretty sure this will work but I just want to be 100 percent sure before I buy anything. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
93 SS 253K: 16g 550s 06 tmic 3'' tbe mbc custom intake rob tuned 16psi 5 speed swap H&R springs gr2's wrx wheels. 14.4 @ 94.4 mph at 5280.

07 STI 54k: Daily driver, stock for now.
matt00rs25
First Gear

Post by matt00rs25 »

Anything 97-01 impreza will fit
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Re: Is this correct for a suspension setup....

Post by jamal »

Yes, that will all work pretty well and not be too expensive. Just because the car is a bit lower does not mean the AGXes would need to be set to full stiff though.
Subiepoo11
First Gear

Post by Subiepoo11 »

Ok cause I thought I read on here someone trouble with lowering on the Agxes cause the spring rate was too much for the Agxes... I may have misunderstood. If that's the case I might get those then. Are the AGXes really worth it cause their pretty pricey.
93 SS 253K: 16g 550s 06 tmic 3'' tbe mbc custom intake rob tuned 16psi 5 speed swap H&R springs gr2's wrx wheels. 14.4 @ 94.4 mph at 5280.

07 STI 54k: Daily driver, stock for now.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Well if it is too much spring for an AGX then it is definitely too much spring for a GR2. I wouldn't buy them though. The konis are much better and cost about the same (maybe a little less now that they are on sale), but they *might* not fit in your stock struts, in which case you would have to find some stock impreza struts. The old koni catalog had all the different part numbers for different cars and strut makers, but they took all that out.
Subiepoo11
First Gear

Post by Subiepoo11 »

Cool thanks for the advice.