Clutch Parts Question

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Sublimejoe
Third Gear

Clutch Parts Question

Post by Sublimejoe »

Ok, sorry if this has been covered before, and/or asked by me already. Here goes:

I am in the process of putting a 1997 Impreza 5 speed tranny into my 1993 Legacy. The tranny is bolted up, Pedal set in. I now have to change the tranny over to hydraulic, and have ordered the master cylinder, slave cylinder and associated hydraulic lines. I purchased some parts many months ago thinking I would be doing a cable transmission setup and now Im pretty sure I can't really use any of them. Currently in my possession:

Clutch Release Lever - 30531AA111
Clutch release shaft - 30532AA020
Clutch release plug - 30550AA000

Assuming I have a stock 1997 Impreza cable tranny, what will I need to convert it over to hydraulic, aside from the master & slave? I already think I need to order:

Clutch Release Lever - 30531AA220
Release Bearing - 30502AA100
Release Lever Pivot - 30537AA030
Clip - Clutch Sleeve x2 - 30539AA000
Spring - Release Level Retainer - 30534AA001

Does this look right to you guys? I know for a fact the lever is different, but as for the bearing and associated parts... I haven't a clue
Parts Needed:

Manual Cluster
Front & Rear bumper Chrome Trim
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clutch Parts Question

Post by Legacy777 »

I split your post into a separate topic since it's kind of a separate question.

As for the part numbers, I don't know if the parts are actually the same and just have different part numbers. Subaru is known to have different part numbers for parts that may be interchangeable. However I don't have any info on whether what you posted is compatible or not.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm