XT6 wheels on BC

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

HAHAAHA, I'll give the auto two things. Able to handle power better and better on the legs in rush hour traffic. OTher than that I love manual, but sometimes the circumstances make you go auto :\
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I would never run an auto in a car. I do like having a AT in something like a E-350 utility van or a Suburban and the like. If it's meant to go fast I want to have the control of a manual though. The thing i really want to try is the paddle setup they have on the WRC cars.

Getting back to the thread I think those XT6 wheels look pretty good on the Legacy too. :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

subyluvr2212 wrote: I would. I consider an auto a "lack of an option." In other words, I consider an MT a luxury. Yes, I have the luxury of controlling my car how I want to. The MT is a "indulgent decision" to me, the AT is an "economical decision"...

While I'll be the first to admit the modern AT is as reliable and efficient (and in some cases, as fast) as a MT, I still don't care. It's not the same. Period...
Personally I think your logic/thinking is flawed. How many people do you know that can afford these cars would be willing to buy a MT. Remember think of the attitude, think of the mentality, and tell me they are going to buy a MT.......I just can't see it. Yes there will be the occasional exception to the rule....but in most cases I believe I'd be correct in saying they'd get the slush box.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

There are two distinct advantages that I can see automatics have over manuals. First, they can load the engine while stationary, which makes launching a turbo car more impressive. Second, they are generally much better for towing. While it frustrates me to drive automatics, I would still consider owning one (when I become rich and can afford multiple cars) for one of these two reasons.

Josh is right about the target market. One big problem I see (and it worries me) is that the type of people who prefer manual transmissions are also the type of people who generally prefer to buy cars used. This will eventually turn around and bite us in the butt, because the people who buy the new cars want them with automatics. Used car purchasers don't really show up in marketing analyses. Sigh.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

The wheels came in yesterday and are every bit as beautiful as the pictures suggest. But they're not going on right away until I get my bumper repainted (read my thread in the Body and Chassis forum :evil: )

Josh, that's just my personal opinion :P , I understand what you're saying, that 98% of people willing to plop down $150 grand on a car are going to expect every luxury possible, including not having to shift his/her own gears. But to me personally, the ability to shift my own gears is a luxury. I'm just opposite from most everybody else :lol:

vrg3, yes they're better for towing in one way, in that clutch modulation is much more difficult when you're towing a few thousand pounds of stuff :?. However, manual trannies aren't the ones getting destroyed time and time again because they're overheating... ;) If I were ever going to tow anything with an auto, I would put an auxiliary tranny cooler on the car, no question...
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

We have tranny oil coolers :D

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

yes, but not an auxiliary one.
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

Wow, those DO look nice. at first I thought you were talking about the square rims... you know the ones I mean? I was all thinkin it was gonna look nasty. but those rims are sexy on the legacy. and good god are they clean! props, man. very good choice!
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Those "square" "rims" are hubcaps... They were on the regular XT.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Told ya Igg ;)

Are you talking about the H-style wheels? These? First off they're 4-lug so they won't fit the Legacy, and even if they did, I wouldn't be putting those on the car! :lol:

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Oh... those. I was thinking of the grid-pattern hubcaps that some XTs had.
My mistake.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Well, maybe not vrg3, Igg is the one who posted the "square rims" that we are all scratching our heads about...

vrg3, these hubcaps are what you're talking about... Kinda cool looking, but NOT on a Legacy ;)

*Formerly DerFahrer*

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

hahahaha, silly subaru and their crazy designs

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yep, those are the ones. They could only look right on an XT.
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

YEah, I meant those alloys on the XT turbo. That's just what popped in my head when you said "XT6 rims." cause I didn't bother to put 2 and 2 together. Math. bleh.

but yeah. those XT6 rims look nice. it's a good alternative to WRX rims or RS rims.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Strange, I plan to put WRX wheels on my XT6.

How did this become an auto VS manual thread?
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

It was probably my fault. Ok, who brought the ADD kid? :lol:

Steve[/quote]
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

As if one set of these wheels wasn't enough :lol:

Much thanks to Austin from the XT6 board for giving me a FREE set of XT6 wheels from his car. Alls I had to do was drive up to Jacksonville for them. It's too bad the one tire is blown out, otherwise I'd just throw them on my Legacy right now!

Pic:

*Formerly DerFahrer*

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

No, I haven't put them on yet (I'll put the used ones on as soon as I get new tires and the new ones once the car's restored)... but here's a pic of subeman90's Legacy wagon with XT6 wheels, and it looks awesome!

*Formerly DerFahrer*

subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

Ohhh....me likey! I might have to bite your style on this.

Maybe I will wait and see what they look like on your car first.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
0perose
Third Gear

Post by 0perose »

hey michael.. when I first got my legacy I had someone here photoshop me up a pic of my car with xt6 rims on it :) the thread is probably still kicking around.. I never put them on because they have my summer tires on them and it is WINTER TIME here
yo mang, can I get a rootshell?

1991 N/A, 4eat, crazy lights, junk suspension, sticker wagon
1989 xt6 work in progress
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

Looks like I won't be biting your style after all. I scored some 04 WRX rims with 200mile RE92s.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Well, I got a set of Yokohama Avid H4 tires to replace my Cadillac-style Michelin Symmetries :roll:, and mounted them on the old set of XT6 wheels.

I was like Janet Reno in a flannel factory ( :lol: ) until I realized that the center caps won't fit with my aftermarket lugs, so I'm running bare lugs. So there you go Matt, that's what it looks like ;)

I'm gonna post that pic in the springs thread too because it shows how the car was lowered.

*Formerly DerFahrer*