The Trusty Justy: EFI 4WD Swap?

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

The Trusty Justy: EFI 4WD Swap?

Post by kimokalihi »

Here's my Justy I just bought about 3 weeks ago. Got a decent deal on it from a sketchy ass guy up in Spanaway. Never been there before and I never want to go back. I wish I had taken photos right when I got it because this thing was nasty. Now it's in amazing shape for how old it is! I've recovered pretty much everything it was missing and it's 10X the Justy it was when I picked it up.

I'm torn between selling it right now for a bit of profit and buy another car to fix up or swapping everything from a 4WD 90 RS Justy I found over to this one because it has the cooler body style and my friend also has a fuel injected Justy I could swap everything for EFI. That would be a cool car!

Last edited by kimokalihi on Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: The Trusty Justy: EFI 4WD Swap?

Post by kimokalihi »

Anybody know Justys or swapped the whole drivetrain and suspension and EFI engine into a 1st gen? The Justy forum I found is great except nobody is on it. Literally maybe 5 posts per day but that's on the high side. I can't get any answers over there. Pissing me off because I need to figure this out. Having 3 cars on my insurance is not cool. Need to make a decision quick because I have a potential buyer already and insurance cuts into my profit.

I'd like to swap the EFI engine in with the 4WD and the suspension and sell the metro. I could get $3,500 for the metro.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Have you tried the USMB?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Not yet but I will now. I was actually trying to remember what that site was last night but then I got distracted by something else and forgot. I'll check it out now though, thanks. That was actually the first forum I think I ever registered on.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

IMHO, that needs too much bodywork for a project. I'd sell it.

If your into doing bodywork, then find a rough fuel injected and AWD Justy and fix that one up. If your gonna do a swap, at least start with something that doesn't need tons of bodywork. (That interior has got to be one of the cleanest still out there, however)

Don't get attached to your "flip" cars. If you do it will never work. Look at me.....The Outback is still engineless and the longer I have it the more plans I dream up for it.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Good advice for sure. I never thought I would get attatched to this little car but I pretty much fell in love with it as soon as I cleaned it up. God damn was it dirty though when I got it.

The Justy's didn't come with AWD. It's FWD but they come with on the fly push button 4WD too. I could just buy the RS that has 4WD and swap an EFI into into it and I think the body is in better condition with no big dents but it's not the cool 1st gen style body. :( Plus it's ugly white. I hate white...lol only reason I ever bought a white SS was because I was impatient but it grew on me and at least it's pearl and not aspen.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I just found a 91 EFI 4WD 3 and a half hours south of here for $300. lol The other problem I see here is the engines and parts. They're very hard to find and replace parts. This needs to be reliable and easy to work on. Like the metro.
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

have you checked out the Justy forum?

http://subarujusty.proboards.com/index.cgi
1992 Legacy L Wagon 4WD Auto 219K
1994 Legacy SunSport Wagon FWD 249K
1994 Legacy Ti 4WD Wagon 5speed 182K (162K on engine)
1991 Legacy L 4WD Wagon 5speed 202k
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

lol yup I have. That forum is nearly dead though. Maybe 5 posts a day from all contributing members. Justy's are a dieing bread unfortunately. I've been doing a vast amount of research and this project is looking a bit more than I was expecting. You have to swap the fuel tank, fuel lines, head, intake, exhaust, ECU, harness, gas pedal, sensors, transmission, rear diff, driveshaft and axles, basically everything but the shell. :shock: And after all that is through with you still have the problem of finding parts when it breaks.
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

Yea I owned a 92 Justy a few years back... and finding parts and locating spares was my problem as well..
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

just put an ej257 in the justy with the 6speed you will be good to go LMAO
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Ha. That requires mass amounts of money and fabrication skills. I actually have a 257 block though.
92wagon
Second Gear

Post by 92wagon »

everyone I used to talk to said "Hayabusa swap!"
Falken-18c
Second Gear

Post by Falken-18c »

92wagon wrote:everyone I used to talk to said "Hayabusa swap!"
that be insane like a t-rex lol. Ok i know ppl make like awd suzuki swift and dodge colts by using a rear end out of a talon but then i think there using a 4g63t motor from eagle talon are a mitsubishi idk much about it i read it some where when i had a lil chevrolet sprint turbo never put on road just sent to wreckers needed to much work body wise