Need advice and want to show off the subie

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

celliott89
In Neutral

Need advice and want to show off the subie

Post by celliott89 »

So I am the proud owner of a 1993 Subaru Legacy Turbo (SS) with a MANUAL transmission. I have been a member since purchase, but have not figured out how to share a few photos with everybody. This has been a full summer of upgrading her up but I still want to do more.... Thus Far I have,

Wrx Intercooler
Custom 2.5 Inch exhaust (Mid Back Stock DP)
Whiteline 20mm front and 20mm Adjustable rear swaybars
Whiteline Front and Rear Endlinks
15" Motegi TR7 Wheels with Falken high performance all seasons
Tinted the windows and painted other various exterior parts as well as fixed all mechanical issue know...

Whats the next step? I would love to get coilovers but I think I will wait till next summer and after more engine upgrades, because she already corners real hard... I am thinking of switching to a TD04 set up as I have one just need to install it. My stock turbo is kinda on its last legs because the car is around 158,000 miles. What other upgrades can I do to get more power with out having to use a stand alone ecu? What about intake mods?

celliott89
In Neutral

Re: Need advice and want to show off the subie

Post by celliott89 »

Im kinda a forum newb... How do I upload photo's? Do they have to be uploaded onto a certain website to show up?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Photobucket.com open an account and upload pics there and copy/paste the img codes in your post. If I were you I would upgrade your brakes with cryo treated rotors and performance pads. Also get sticky tires not cheap tires.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
celliott89
In Neutral

Post by celliott89 »

I have recently done the brakes with new stock rotars, calipers, and ceramic pads up front but have yet to get to the rear. So far the Falken Ziex's have treated me pretty well, and I can crush corners better than my buddies sti... Besides the TDO4 upgrade soon to come is there a good intake I can get for the car that will add some power/good sound?

Heres some pics of the subie

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Looks lik you have done a fair bit and that color is one of my favorites though I would have to have gold rims on the car. Maintenance is always first, brakes and tires 2nd, and then handling 3rd. After that it's fair game. TD04 would be your best bet but you will need some other parts so I would search so you have an idea of what to get. I am currently doing a TD04 with WRX intercooler swap.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Leave the stock intake as it is except you might want to look into the coffee cup mod.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Desnorkeling it will get you a little growl and not cause any running issues. It's also free.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
oldscoobyturbo
Second Gear

Post by oldscoobyturbo »

Just installed a custom silencer box. Its stealthy and works like the coffee cup and still makes some noise I have the snorkus delete and still use the stock airbox which works great. Best part is its cheap to make under $20
Silver 99 Legacy GT Wagon
White 90 BC5 RS Type RA
Black 01 Legacy Outback H6 Wagon
http://s684.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... l/library/
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

i see ur co license plate.. where are you located.. that looks like red rocks area?
celliott89
In Neutral

Post by celliott89 »

Keen eye sir, I live near Denver University... Those photos were taken up at Red Rocks, some of the best driving roads in CO are up there as you probably well know :D
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Ya we had a first gen meet up there! Check the pics of the Denver based peeps thread in the community forum on here. There are a bunch of us up in the metro and Aurora area! I'm down in the springs with maybe 3-4 others

Sent from your bathroom closet