Hi All

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Someperson
Fourth Gear

Hi All

Post by Someperson »

I've been active for about a week now and i'd like to finally introduce myself. My name is Aaron and I finally took possession of my 93 BC legacy. It's originally from Subaru of dallas and I have the paperwork to prove it, it moved to Deleware and then on to central mass where it sat for 2 years and now i'm saving it from the scrapyard and from people who think it is simply a beater car. Image The good Image The bad Image The ugly Image Image
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Hi All

Post by sqc151 »

nice, lots of potential.
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

5 speed and it's gonna sit for another winter while it gets worked on, gonna limp it home on fri instead of a trailer tomorrow like originally planned... also prob needs brakes all around... what will fit under 15s? can't do 16s in the northeast bc potholes, lots of big potholes... also, anyone have a stock awd muffler? all I need is that last section after the flange, dat big hole lol loud as balls
93 Winestone TW project
originalcyn
Fourth Gear

Post by originalcyn »

Welcome.

Check out this thread. It had some useful answers for me. There were a couple comments regarding brakes under the old phone dial rims.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49531
Kijan

1993 Legacy LS | PBM 227
2004 Forester 2.5XT Premium | JBP 18L
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

16's are no problem. I have Forester 5-spokes up from aftermarket 15's I had for years. These cars aren't like ordinary cars. I used to blast down a dirt road the Post Office stopped delivering mail on and the car never cared. If I took most cars down there, I'd be looking at all kind of expensive problems. Even slid sideways into a curb once pulling an e-brake turn, warped a wheel, but caused no further damage. That said, 15's are good, too. There's a little more cushion than 16's and more noticeable squirm when turning, but it's only really apparent when driven back to back. Tire prices between the sizes are very close.

Stock turbo brakes are fine. Just get them into top shape and some performance street pads, Cryo rotors will last years longer, too, but they aren't necessary unless you really plan on abusing them with a lot of heat (they also seem to resist warping much better). WRX brakes will fit under 16's and I installed those, but I wouldn't bother were I doing it again.

Those front fenders can be replaced easily and the underneath of the unibody behind them is likely to not be that bad. I recommend cold galvanizing spray as a primer for bare metal, undercoat the undercarriage every spring (1 can or so will do as a touch up once it's been done), and go to the self wash stations and use the high pressure hose to blast out the base of those front fenders until the water runs clear and get up into the strut towers front and rear, and what you can reach of the undercarriage. I took my car apart with the idea that I was going to part it out for all the rot, but once I did, I found the car was in really great shape with no rust beyond what I saw before I took it apart.

My best recommendation for feel after wheels is to replace the steering wheel and shift knob. I had a smaller diameter vinyl-over-aluminum frame thing that cost me $40 bucks or something for an adaptor, the $60 or so wheel that I had taken off my previous GL, and a $1 wood knob from Home Depot and made the car feel better to drive than anything I've driven since. More fun, tighter, and more connected to the road than either of my old manual steering Z's and in another galaxy to the isolated shit that are new cars.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

93s come stock disc all around? forgot to check before I left it and it was also really dark. But the 15s are strictly to have more cushion for the rims because I go by a 4in deep 8in diameter pothole every day lol sucks... thinking im going to put wrx running gear all around w/ the awd swap
93 Winestone TW project
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

and nick is it? christ you live close lol we'll have to get together sometime lol
93 Winestone TW project
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah, the only ones with rear drums were the rare base models that I think were discontinued by then anyway. And, my mistake, I thought you had a turbo for some reason, but that doesn't matter as the stock N/A brakes are fine with the same mods I mentioned, too.

I'm Steve. An old friend of mine lives in Haverhill, so I'm around.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

lol all of you w/ the subaru logos look the same except 777. him and his redness lol
93 Winestone TW project
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

More ugliness Image
93 Winestone TW project
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

93 Winestone TW project
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

i have control arms if u need them.
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

How much?
93 Winestone TW project
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

didnt you want other parts from me?. ill just do a package deal for everything. send me a list of what you want.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome and yes I have a bit of red in my posts :lol:

That is a bit of rust....if you can find a donor or junk car to pull some of the parts off that may save you some time and money.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

may have a bit of rust, but on parts I knew I was replacing anyway
93 Winestone TW project