JDM Projector Headlights in a 1995 Legacy

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

WhiteLeg
In Neutral

JDM Projector Headlights in a 1995 Legacy

Post by WhiteLeg »

I just picked up a pair of JDM projector headlights and noticed they have 4 wires where my stocks have 3. I am guessing the 4th wire is for daytime running lights.

Is the swap as simple as connecting the other 3 wires? Can I leave the 4th disconnected?

Thanks!
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

Aren't those going to blind people?
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

Why would they if properly aligned?
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

Im not totally sure about the projectors, but normally LHD cars have different beam patterns than RHD

Its meant for lighting up signs on the verge. But if you take the same lights on the opposite side of the road, instead of lighting up signs, its lighting up other driver's faces.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Unless you're in a country where you drive on the left side of the road, Splinter's right. You can't properly align right-hand-drive lights for left-hand-drive roads.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Regardless, any help on the wiring?
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

"Interesting?"

Why do you want help with the wiring? There's no way you can wire them so that they'll be usable.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

If I wire them properly, they will be useable. Whether or not they blind the oncoming traffic remains to be seen.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

A lot of guys on SL-i have done JDM swaps and have had no problem blinding people. Either that or they don't care.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

Is SL-i another BBS? If so, what's the address?

Thanks!
92whitelegacy
Second Gear

Post by 92whitelegacy »

Dont give it to him. Re-sell your lights on ebay or something. VRG3 knows his lighting......your gunna piss drivers off, and pose a safety hazard to the oncoming traffic.
92 ss 275k+mi, kartboy shifter/bushings, gauges. VRG3 FCD II, NGK I'4s, TDO5-16G 4" dp CAT-less 3"tbe 4.11 gears.
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

Sounds like someone has projector envy....
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Are you unable to process the facts that people are trying to offer you?
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Ross...I hate to say it, but they are totally right

Vikash really knows his stuff as far as lighting goes, and what he says is dead on.

I know it would be sick to have projectors, but the difference between them and your stock LHD headlights is definite

:roll:
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

You people are way too uptight. All I asked for was some help with wiring, not a dissertation on LHD vs RHD lighting. If I want to install these in my car, it's my choice. Your advice is taken, but unless you have first-hand experience with these particular lights installed in you vehicle, you are just blowing smoke.

Tell you what, I'll install them and let you know if I blind someone. Then at least you can speak from somewhere other than your butt.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

You make too many assumptions.
92whitelegacy
Second Gear

Post by 92whitelegacy »

WhiteLeg wrote:Sounds like someone has projector envy....
Your a jackass...your gunna cause an accident, or get into one, and im gunna laugh at you. BTW they make NON-LHD projectors for 95'-2000? on ebay or somthing IIRC. You just gotta be a non-moron and find them.
92 ss 275k+mi, kartboy shifter/bushings, gauges. VRG3 FCD II, NGK I'4s, TDO5-16G 4" dp CAT-less 3"tbe 4.11 gears.
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

We're not gonna tell you how to do something dangerous to other people in this forum any more than we're going to give you tips on smuggling cocaine across the boarder.

We'd like to maintain the reputation of Subaru drivers being different than Honda drivers.
WhiteLeg
In Neutral

Post by WhiteLeg »

92whitelegacy wrote:
WhiteLeg wrote:Sounds like someone has projector envy....
Your a jackass...your gunna cause an accident, or get into one, and im gunna laugh at you. BTW they make NON-LHD projectors for 95'-2000? on ebay or somthing IIRC. You just gotta be a non-moron and find them.

If you Marys are done fingering eachother, I'll leave you with this:

If you are going to imply someone is a moron, at least be smart enough to use correct grammar and spelling when doing so. You are a sad bunch and you make Honda owners look good.

Don't rack your narrow-minded brains trying to come up with a witty reply - I won't be back to read it.

See ya, losers! :-D
92whitelegacy
Second Gear

Post by 92whitelegacy »

He made subaru owners look like small pee pee'd ferrari dickheads. He should sell his car and buy a suv or something gay.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Well, while I respect vrg3's knowledge base, I do believe that its one's right to do to their car what they want. How come no one has issues with EDM lights? Those cars are RHD, but no one has a problem running those. If I'm not mistaken, even Josh is running them.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
92whitelegacy
Second Gear

Post by 92whitelegacy »

EDM headlights are glass, and not projector housings..Some are LHD :)
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Manarius, you disagree that the privilege of operating a car on public roads should be accompanied with the requirement that one do so responsibly?

Nobody has issues with European lights because almost all of Europe is LHD. The United Kingdom is the only exception. UK-spec lights are just as inappropriate for our roads as JDM lights. Josh has European mainland headlights because he made an intelligent decision.

Way to be informed.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

vrg3, I would hardly call using RHD headlights driving irresponsibly. That's just like saying driving with your headlamps out of alignment is driving irresponsibly; and that is something a lot of people do.

I'm blinded by a lot of lights nowadays..and they're USDM lights. So, another set of blinding lights aren't going to phase me. I come from the school where I just deal with that other cars have on them, and that's that. If they have wrongly adjusted lights or the evil RHD lights, good thing I'm blowing past them anyways.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

A lot of people drive irresponsibly. That don't make it right.