Ever seen a car that you felt bad for?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

TurboLegacy
First Gear

Ever seen a car that you felt bad for?

Post by TurboLegacy »

i was driving around town yesterday and saw a red hyundai excel. i was following him and noticed he had a ss muffler and some novelty rubber testacles hanging from the bumper. it was missing the "hyundai" badge, but had the excel one. i got pissed at it and passed it on a bridge. i look in my rear view and saw the windshield decal, in big white letters it read " HONDA" :shock: . i actually think that this person honestly didnt know he had a hyundai and not a honda. he prolly figured that it had a couple of "H" badges on it, so it must be a honda. my girlfriend didnt know why i was getting so pissed over it, i dont know, i guess it just really bothered me.
92 legacy turbo 5spd fwd-12 psi, tm intercooler bov, walbro 255.

81 chevy malibu- 400 sb, holley 600, edelbrock rpm, hooker headers, lunati voodoo cam,4spd muncie, 3:73 posi,monte c. swivel buckets, corvette rally wheels
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

A car with truck nuts!! Thats great!!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Some nice cars that are riced, otherwise neglected, and some JY cars make me feel bad. Hell, I'm all reverent at JYs like a cemetery. I find them depressing - like walking through a pound and seeing all the dogs seemingly begging for you to take them out of there.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

When I lived up north I needed fuel injectors for a legacy of mine and the only one that had an engine was hit hard on the drivers side and there was alot of blood on the interior. I was on both sides of the fence because I was wondering if it would haunt me if someone died in that accident or if they would want me to take parts from their car to bring new life to mine. I ended up buying them but took great care when removing them as to not be greedy.

It is sad to walk thru a junkyard. If only the cars could talk, oh the stories they would tell.
Binford
Third Gear

Post by Binford »

I completely agree with the JY statement. I just went there today in fact and it's a combination of sad and excitement when you find something "special". :)
'91 5MT SS-TD04, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Spec LW flywheel/pressure plate, FCD, Walbro fuel pump-RIP
'93 5MT N/A wagon, over 400,000 miles!-Gone, parts lived on
'94 Auto SS-vf24, WRX TMIC, Bosal twin dump, Meth kit coming soon!-Now RWD!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I think a haunted car would be interesting. Oh wait, the British and Italians already made thousands of those.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

*trucknutz

see them all the damn time.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

evolutionmovement wrote:I think a haunted car would be interesting. Oh wait, the British and Italians already made thousands of those.

Steve
HA HA!

Q: How do you know a British car is out of oil?

A: Cause it stops leaking.
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

I noticed that all the yards down here charge admission or don't let you pull it yourself and charge you an arm and a leg for the part you want.

I feel bad for the owners of brand new vehicles that break down and have to be towed and it costs the owners time and money. I say this because my mom's brand new Chevrolet Malibu had the fuel pump die on her. It was under warranty but she lost a day of work due to it.

I also feel bad for those cars with the rims sticking out about a foot and they sorta look like rollerskates for giants. I always wondered if they would break a spindle if they went over a bump too fast.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
isotopeman
Second Gear

Post by isotopeman »

People still put those protruding wheels on their cars?
Yeah, they break and warp, and....
δ13/12C = -17.7 ‰
δ15/14N = 9.4 ‰
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

I get pissed at really cool, rare good condition cars in the pull a part that they refuse to sell. :evil: :evil: like a mostly complete KP61 starlet with only a couple dents and no rust, or a mk1 scirocco with an incredibly straight and solid body. Also, "collectors" hoarding rare sheetmetal they will never do anything with burns me.
it is also sad to see rare cars in really bad shape. I saw a rusted to hell 510 wagon the other day. at least it was still being used I suppose :?
I dont think Ive ever seen a car I actually cared about that was riced, theyre usually saturns or cavaliers. maybe a mk3 golf once in a while.
pimp my ride has pissed me off a couple times.
H2's, excursions, tahoes etc. piss me off
as for that hyundai, look on the bright side. at least it was a hyundai and not a honda or *gasp* a subaru. hondas may get riced a lot, but theyre still good cars. they have that ricer stigma, but theyre still good cars.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

206er wrote: I saw a rusted to hell 510 wagon the other day. at least it was still being used I suppose :?
Those old 510 wagons are not the same critters as the sedans. they've got a live axle out back. Think 7:10ths scale volvo.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

I know, leaf springs no less. but theyre still really rare, especially in CO. I think they are almost as cool as the 2 doors, and definitely cooler than the 4 doors.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I pulled some interior parts from a bloodied subaru the last time I went JY'ing. haha, pulled(peeled, more like) a superball out of a crusty pool of dried blood in the backseat.
The way I see it, and I've said this before, but, what are the odds that those parts will see blood again? It's like a good luck charm. It's already gone thru some shit, and you're like it's ticket to the afterlife.. it'll keep you protected from the 'nomlies you'll inevitably encounter from day-to-day. :D
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Hmm, I like JY's and cemetary's. I used to party in cemetary's a lot growing up. We used to camp out in this old abandoned cemetary that was all over grown back in SE-Eugene back in Jr, High. We'd expand our minds and sneak girls out to party. Hehehe, those were the days. :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Sounds Creepy. :lol:

But it's not something I'd choose to do. To each his own.
Last edited by tris91ricer on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

:shock: Wow, sick fuck? Uh..OK. I hope you're joking Tristan because that's pretty insulting.

I've never been scared of cemetary's. I've always been fascinated by large tombstones and stuff too. To each their own but just because I've hung out in a grave yard as a kid doesn't make me a "sick fuck" I don't think. We never messed with the graves or did weird witch shit or anything. We didn't even hang out in a section that had the graves ( I don't walk over graves either). It was the big front lawn area that was all over grown.

There's also a big grave yard on a hill in SE Eugene that has this mosileam (sp?) that over looks the city. It's really easy to get up on the roof and lots of kids (yes, even me, the sick fuck) used to party up there too.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I hung out in the cemetery at the end of my street as a kid. They had these little brooks flowing through and I used to build boats out of wood and race them down. Nice and quiet there.

My epitaph if I die of prostate cancer would be: "He may've died of cancer of the dick, but he never had anything shoved up his ass." I think it may brighten a sad person's day to see it. I know I'd laugh. And, yes, I'm aware that when they process your body they stick a plug in your ass and that the prostate is not the dick, but I'm taking some literary license.

Hell, I almost bought two hearses. Dead people are some of the best kinds.

Steve
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

yeah there is a graveyard 1 block from my parents house in seattle. when I am visiting I go to the grave of a childhood friend who is buried there. we used to have bike races through the roads as kids, done a bunch of crazy shit in there too. went there on halloween a few times, smoked weed with my boss in there at night, never seen a ghost though.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I definitely feel sorry for cars. Every BC/BF Legacy I see around this area is always beat to shit. Still trucking along, but looking terrible. I swear I can hear them calling out to me wincing in pain from their state of neglect.

I really feel sorry for cars with potential who are in the complete wrong hands. Like the middle-aged woman I've seen driving a Baja Turbo, or the college girl driving a brand-new S2000. Or the myriad of pretty-boy poseurs driving Ferraris and such.

I've had waaaay too much experience with death in my life to ever get any kicks out of visiting a graveyard. I've been to no less than 20 funerals in my 21-year-old life, and I know people my age who have NEVER been to a funeral. It makes it that much worse when two of the funerals you've attended were for each of your parents.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

legacy92ej22t wrote::shock: Wow, sick fuck? Uh..OK. I hope you're joking Tristan because that's pretty insulting.
Yeah, you better be joking tristan......that's pretty damn insulting....and I've seen a trend of similar posts from you...none quite this bad. So you better chill.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Duly noted. I apologize. :oops:

It wasn't really meant as an insult, just more of me putting two and three together: Hanging out in graveyards --> then defiling tombstones -->Satanic Rituals..
legacy91ej22t wrote: We never messed with the graves or did weird witch shit or anything.
Thanks for quelling my fears.

Again, I'm sorry. I'll retract so we can move on.

"He may've died of cancer of the dick, but he never had anything shoved up his ass."

*giggle* Nice.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

There's this chode at my school who drives a beautiful black GC8. One day about a month ago (still below freezing) I was walking into the library from the parking lot. I heard it start up cause he;s got some kind of exhaust. I look back and he rips out of the lot at hits 4-5k in first gear on a cold engine. I've seen him beat on it on the road before. Poor car.

Even worse:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/ ... Whoops.jpg
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

AWD != 4WD

Dirt, not mud!!! Leave that for the Jeeps!! Geez people!! :roll:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

There's a video over on www.imprezawrxsti.com. of that guy burying that sti. Pretty rediculous.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m