Anyone with TMIC has heatsoak?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Anyone with TMIC has heatsoak?

Post by boostjunkie »

I'm just wondering. I haven't experienced any audible knock on my car with the heat getting into the 100 degree range, but I have noticed a decrease in power. It could be the ecu pulling timing because of heatsoak, or it could just be the hot weather. Can't be sure.

FWIW, I have installed the intercooler sprayer on my car and run it for a few seconds at a light. I hooked up a wrx heatshield which seems to have helped lower underhood temps more than I thought it would. Finally, I'm only running around 1bar right now.

Just wondering if anybody's experienced audible knock due to the weather, possibly caused by heatsoaking their TMIC.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

I've noticed that lack of power lately too, but no knock so far even at 17psi...
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

Yes, you will get that. You should have expected it.

Heatshields will help.

Ceramic coating will help even more.
-Jason Grahn
rsstiboy
Second Gear

Post by rsstiboy »

fmic or water/air will help even more, get rid of the top mount interheater......
MY02 B4 Liberty, 2 1/2" off the primary with splitter, 3" off the secondary, 3" the rest of the way, completely stainless, k&n filter, ECUtek 3, 500HP walbro, 173kw@all4