100 Acre Wood rally: BC Legacy takes podium

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ultrasonic
Third Gear

100 Acre Wood rally: BC Legacy takes podium

Post by ultrasonic »

Check the thread (with pictures) about Mike in the BC turbo rally car...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ge=1&pp=25

I worked finish control on two stages. Had a blast, met some nice people, saw a bunch of cool rally cars blasting through some beautiful gravel roads, and froze my fingers and toes off. Drove my SS on a closed stage road. Drank some beer after it was all over. Good times.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

damn shame about that car, it was beautiful. :(
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
LegacyPGT
In Neutral

Post by LegacyPGT »

I know it was a shame to wreck my car :( I just painted it a week before that event. That event was a blast, untill that last stage, 3 miles from the end. The other thing I'm bumming about, is that someone was going to buy it off me right after the event. Oh well thats racing. Time to get into a open class impreza :twisted:
Mike
02 WRX Sport Wagon -- For Sale--
2000 Impreza Wagon daily beater.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

I used to live in Ozark, MO... I've been dreaming of entering into this race for a while now, but I've finally got a car that I've been preparing!!! It' looks like so much fun (watching the 2005 video)

I used to find some old logging trails in Mark Twain Nat. Park. and thrash my old 91 FD N/A.
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

Legacy Rally Guy wrote:I used to live in Ozark, MO... I've been dreaming of entering into this race for a while now, but I've finally got a car that I've been preparing!!! It' looks like so much fun (watching the 2005 video)

I used to find some old logging trails in Mark Twain Nat. Park. and thrash my old 91 FD N/A.
when do you plan on building the car?

you need to contact JB Niday over at the Rally America site. RA does not allow rookies to compete in AWD turbo cars untill they have completed a certain number of events in a 2wd or low hp NA AWD car.

it may seem like BS but it is there to protect you and RA.

if you are serious about rallying a Legacy your best course of action would be to put a NA ej22 into the car and then put the ej22t back in when you are eligable.

here are the RA forums:

http://www.rally-america.com/forums/index.php

and you should poke around at special stage forums as well.

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/index.php
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

greg donovan wrote: you need to contact JB Niday over at the Rally America site. RA does not allow rookies to compete in AWD turbo cars untill they have completed a certain number of events in a 2wd or low hp NA AWD car.

it may seem like BS but it is there to protect you and RA.

if you are serious about rallying a Legacy your best course of action would be to put a NA ej22 into the car and then put the ej22t back in when you are eligable.

and you should poke around at special stage forums as well.

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/index.php
I see... Oh it's no problem, I can see where they are coming from on this... Some rookie buys a brand new STI.... It could get bad... I guess not everyone has thier own practice track! I used to have a 91 n/a fwd that I practiced with, but ended up desiring a little bit more performance... Thanks for the great advice!!

oh, and sorry to hijack the thread :P
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
SuperRallyRoo
Third Gear

Post by SuperRallyRoo »

DAMN!!!! Thats bad man... :x
Legacyless
98 Jetta TDI