93 Impreza with EJ22T swap

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
KC0514
First Gear

93 Impreza with EJ22T swap

Post by KC0514 »

93 Impreza AWD MT 4dr in Massachusetts

Has EJ22T swap profesionally done (wired by ECS). Car does need more work, which unfortunately I really don't have time to do. Car really needs someone that knows Subi's to tweak it.
The car runs and drives, I've driven it to work numerous times. It's pretty quick too!

Comes with RS hood not installed (white)
RS rear decklid with low spoiler not installed (black)
left fender not installed (color match- one on car has rust.)
4 used WRX struts not installed
Has a brand new exhaust installed (warning, no cat)
Has 4 nice Goodyear tires on RS wheels
Also have Saab 900 intercooler setup , ready to bolt back on.

I'll get pics up,
I just finally decided it's gotta go, and wanted to post before I changed my mind.
$4000

Sorry I can't post the pics here, can't get'm to work and I'm at work so I don't want to piss off the boss by messin with it too much. Pics here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/millisuap/my_photos
BTW: That's frost all over the car.
Last edited by KC0514 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Better to be a racer for a moment, than a spectator for life."- unknown

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway
shtbxr22
Fourth Gear

Post by shtbxr22 »

PICS????
Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment.

1998 VW GTi VR6 5MT (SOLD)
1992 SS 4EAT Winestone (minus 2 gears/SOLD)
1994 TW 4EAT Quicksilver (blown up/SOLD)
2007 Legacy SE 5MT Satin White Pearl (Mine now :))
pw422
Second Gear

Post by pw422 »

where in Ma are you?
91 rio red ss 5mt
94 legacy wagon gt
95 impreza ej20 swapped
KC0514
First Gear

Post by KC0514 »

I'll take pics in the morninmg and put them up.

I'm in Blackstone, ma.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." -Ernest Hemingway
Reason
Vendor
Vendor

Post by Reason »

I might be interested in this too.
4Zero1 Facebook JOIN!
Subaru Legacy International
4Zero1Motorsports
2010 Legacy GT
1998 Legacy L parted
1999 Legacy GT SOLD
1995 Legacy L wagon parted
1992 SS 5 spd SOLD
1997 GT R.I.P.
DTSJR
First Gear

Post by DTSJR »

Hey Mark, its a shame youre selling the car. Mind if I come check it out before you sell it?
00 Impreza RS
93 Legacy SS
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

So, just curious, what work does it need?
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
KC0514
First Gear

Post by KC0514 »

DTSJR wrote:Hey Mark, its a shame youre selling the car. Mind if I come check it out before you sell it?
Yeah, I know what ya mean. I went from 3 Subaru's to 1 and now it looks like I'll be Subi-less.......

I'll be around this Sunday if you want to stop by in the daylight.

Mark

DTSJR
First Gear

Post by DTSJR »

Alright, cool. Ill give you a call Sunday.
00 Impreza RS
93 Legacy SS
pw422
Second Gear

Post by pw422 »

good luck w/ sale. looking for a coupe and not a 4 door
91 rio red ss 5mt
94 legacy wagon gt
95 impreza ej20 swapped
KC0514
First Gear

Post by KC0514 »

OK I've been asked what it needs.

Mechanically the car starts right up and runs fine. The fan is wired to a switch powered by the "key on" side of power.

There is a noise in the left front during deceleration, possibly an axle issue.

The car needs an alignment. Car pulls straight but the steering wheel isn't on straight after the install.

That's all I can think of, besides all of the new stuff that comes with the car that needs to be installed. Hood, decklid, fender, WRX struts, TM intercooler.

pw422
Second Gear

Post by pw422 »

just curious...where did you take you car for the engine swap? do you recommend them?
91 rio red ss 5mt
94 legacy wagon gt
95 impreza ej20 swapped
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

He said the wiring part of the swap was done by ECS (http://www.eastcoastswappers.com/).

They are definitely the best-known place in the East that's dedicated purely to Subaru swaps.

I can recommend Andrewtech based on personal experience (http://www.andrewtechautomotive.com/) but they are further from you (MD).

Rallispec (http://www.rallispec.com/) is a third famous option for Subaru swaps in the east (NJ).

You probably couldn't go wrong with any of them, because you hear positive reviews about all of them all the time. But like I said, the only one I can recommend based on personal experience is Andrewtech - I know they would take care of you.
'00 Impr RS - sold
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
KC0514
First Gear

Post by KC0514 »

East Coast Swappers was excellant. I dealt with Matt there and can only say good things about them.

pw422
Second Gear

Post by pw422 »

free bump and a few questions. Why would you choose an ej22t over the jdm early version wrx engines. unless the ej22t cost very cheap. The hp difference from stock is like 160 vs 240 ish.
91 rio red ss 5mt
94 legacy wagon gt
95 impreza ej20 swapped
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Well... good question. Some people go that way.

But remember, it doesn't really tell the whole story to say the 2.2 block only makes 160hp. It's not the block's fault, it's the tame setup around it (fuel, ecu, heads, boost level, turbo size, etc...). So, if you were planning to upgrade most of those things anyway, then the power handling capability of both short blocks are arguably in the same ballpark, and they're both awesome.

Then again, the ej22 does have a few advantages. 10% more displacement, much more torque for a given horsepower-level, all replacement parts available USDM, probably driven to the grocery store instead of flogged on Mount Akina, and... like you said... cheap!
'00 Impr RS - sold
KC0514
First Gear

Post by KC0514 »

Rallysam basically said it all.

I also had a SS with 90k on it, but the body was pretty rusty. So I chose to do a swap.