my info to all of you

Collection of technical archives from the BC-BF LegacyWorks Yahoo! group.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Rod Grosvenor

my info to all of you

Post by Rod Grosvenor »

Hi! I`d left a singular message before to all, but no info. I`m 55 yrs.old & a former street racer that grew up in SoCal; small & big block chevys were the way I went (a small, but brief sojourn into Fords & Pontiacs also happened), which started my liking of `different` types of cars. I bought my `92 legacy wagon new as a work car (I drove alot as an outside sales rep) & have now racked up almost 143k. recently, I`ve decided to upgrade some components & keep the car `till at least 200k or until the `03 models come out. So far this is what has been done: Unorthodox underdrive crank pulley, K&N filtercharger plugged into a modified air box, late model Impreza coil & NGK wires, & a torque chip to be installed this week. It takes about a week for the ECU to `learn` the new set-up that wiil hopefully eliminate a slight hesitation at upper RPMs. By spring, the following will be accomplished: Borla headers with a 2 1/2" exhaust, a new variable pressure fuel riser, a new strut bar & 19mm rear sway bar, upgraded front brakes, and last but not least, a 50-shot Nitrous system that should boost overall HP to about 250 or so (@ sea level). I should also be going to 16" rims & new tires soon as my current rollers wear down. A new paint job will finish the project around May of next year. If any of you run into any new items or have something currently that would boost HP or reliability, please advise. talk to you all soon-ROD
Josh Colombo

my info to all of you

Post by Josh Colombo »

Very very nice Rod....wish I could do the same or something similar to my 90 Legacy.....just keep telling myself...later..when I have more money...:)

Have any pics? or website?

Josh
Dave aka DLC/dackampf

my info to all of you

Post by Dave aka DLC/dackampf »

Welcome Rod!

Don't you wish you would have ponied up for the Turbo way back when?

Sounds like you've got everything in hand, i'm eager to hear about
the project and see it as well.

I run Legacy Central and Turbo-Centic and i'd love to post pics of
your car if you'd like. As a fellow wagon owner (93 Turbo), i'm even
more inclined to give you some room to show off your car.

Dave
matt scicchitano

my info to all of you

Post by matt scicchitano »

Rod, you may want to wait on the Borla Headers. I have heard of people having a hell of a time getting them to fit and the gains were little.Then again I've heard some good things as well. I also know a fella who put the MRT headers and complete exhaust on his 90 Legacy and was not really enthusiastic about the results(for the money). And, if you are a believer in the G-Tech, he gained more with an intake then he did with the entire exhaust. It has been said in the past, and as hard as it is to believe by looking at them, the factory headers are not really a huge restriction. Maybe if forced induction was brought into the picture things would be a bit different but who knows. Sounds like another hell of a wagon in the works!

-Matt