FS: WA 440cc Injectors with free rails

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
mr soul
Second Gear

FS: WA 440cc Injectors with free rails

Post by mr soul »

SOLD!!!

From an EJ20G we somewhat parted out. These are good upgrade injectors for your Legacy SS, plug and play and the ecu will adapt with no management. Get these with the VF8 turbo I listed seperately, FCD and happy boosting...

Rails are included for free, Eric and I like to have custom ends made to route your own parrellel fuel line mod so I figured why customize your good rails already on your car. Deal with these and minimize downtime.

$150 shipped or $125 picked up at our shop in Tacoma.
Let me know, thanks,
Keith :D

Last edited by mr soul on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired but still rocking a 98 Coupe with the heart of a turbo legacy :)
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

Injectors, yes, you want these.... :-D
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Shooting you a PM
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

These have not been tested or cleaned. Only unbolted the rails from a used motor. Assumed to be in good used condition.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Just wondering: other threads indicate that EM is needed with 440 cc injectors but you mention that it's not needed. Which is correct?
'94 TW
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

+1 on the Q...can you talk more about the custom made ends as well?
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

part number on those rails

Post by kleinkid »

Keith, what is the part number on those rails? Before I saw this post today I e-mailed your franitc four address with a related question.
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

Our experience is that the stock ECU will adapt to these injectors although others might suggest otherwise. We passed emissions catless with these injectors on a stock ECU. Idle fine, etc. Have 4 or 5 customers now running these with no EM. Make sure you have a good O2 sensor in when first installed, clear the ECU, and fire it up. Couple tanks of gas and they run great! Again, not saying others might not have valid points, EM is certainly a good idea, but in our opinion, and in our experience, not required.

Regarding rail mods, looked for pics but have none sorry. search parallel fuel mod on Nasioc or maybe here for more info. Basically you can have barbed ends braised on so that you can make your own fuel system which more evenly distributes fuel flow across both heads.

Kleinkid tells me these injectors fit stock rails now :D

And they are still available.
Keith
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

You have a PM
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

O.k. this work with stock ECU but wondering about the benefit if you aren't running super high boost levels? Just poor gas mileage...or what?

Thanks Keith, Let us all know if these are still around. Forgot to ask you about them at the big sale - thanks for all great deals on stuff and the cook out!

Cheers,
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
spikey
In Neutral

injectors

Post by spikey »

The grey injectors are 380cc the yellow are 440cc.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Um, if those are the stock rails off the EJ20G then they won't work on the EJ22T. You need to drop the injectors into 92-94 NA rails, then they bolt right up.

At least that's my understanding......
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
def09
First Gear

Post by def09 »

BAM!!! I had Doctor Injector in Tacoma clean and tune my 20G gray injectors and the test flowed them as 435cc. Oh Kieth I can return the 20G loaner injectors back anytime. They worked perfectly.
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

I can only reference for a '91 Turbo. The 440cc grey tops I am now using, would not fit into the 92-94 NA rails I purchased , but they are now in my '91 turbo stock rails and fit perfectly, no leaks, and work fine.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Still not sure the beni's unless your are running 20psi or something...

Keith are these still F/S?
shemoves
Second Gear

Post by shemoves »

Adam West wrote:Still not sure the beni's unless your are running 20psi or something...

Keith are these still F/S?
Wouldn't it be a good idea to run these even in the mid-upper teens? IIRC, STis max out there injectors in the real low 20s on a VF39. Those are rated higher than these too. Another thing, some folks don't wanna mod at the ragged edge. Not a flame, just making sure folks are not mislead.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

No, I'm with you on that - applogies to be unclear - I thought these were a part benefitting or needed only for ragged edgers and the rest of us running a rational amount of boost could just run with the stock injectors....

These ride somewhere in between? Just thinking they'd make us run rich and really wouldn't be a noticable, useful mod - beyond bad gas mileage...

Or perhaps I've got it all wrong.
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

Sorry I have not been on here much during our move :(

Adam, there would be NO benefit or need for larger injectors unless you are running a larger turbo and more boost. With more CFM's being pushed through your motor, more fuel is needed.

We have a customer running 16psi on a VF39 using these 440's, Wideband shows a nice 11-11.5:1 AFR. He also passes emmissions catless well within range.

These are certainly NOT large enough injectors if you want to run even larger turbo or even more boost than this. You would be approaching "ragged edge". What makes these attractive, IMO, is that they are close enough in size to the stock SS injectors, your ECU will compensate with factory ranges to make your car run like OEM. You have to realize that with a FCD in place, when the MAF signal maxes out, and the signal is clamped, the ECU essentually forces the injectors to go wide open. Finding the right boost level is up to you depending on size of turbo, your comfortable AFR and factor of safety. Intercooler, etc etc.

To be honest guys, we spend more time modifying cars, and learn through experience. I don't have vast amounts of technical detail floating around in my head like many other much more vocal members of this site and others. I try very hard to just reiterate what our experience is. I also encourage everyone to research your own project and mod to a point you are comfortable with. Also, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Budget, reliability, and fun. Find your own balance.

Also, these are SOLD!!!

Maybe I'll decide to sell my loaners when Def09 returns them, but for now, they will go back into our parts stash.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

kleinkid wrote:I can only reference for a '91 Turbo. The 440cc grey tops I am now using, would not fit into the 92-94 NA rails I purchased , but they are now in my '91 turbo stock rails and fit perfectly, no leaks, and work fine.
I guess I am thinking of the 440cc yellowtops. They are the same size as the usdm STI 550cc yellows and those need to go into 92-94 rails, correct?

Good to know that the greys drop in, I didn't know that.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

I'd be interested if you decide to sell your other set....

I'll be running a TD05-16g with upgraded fuel pump, FCD and MBC at about 12-14 psi.

Not sure if that qualifies as a setup that would benefit from these but I think it might...

I'll have to see how Klien Kid does with his...

Thanks!
shemoves
Second Gear

Post by shemoves »

Adam West wrote:I'd be interested if you decide to sell your other set....

I'll be running a TD05-16g with upgraded fuel pump, FCD and MBC at about 12-14 psi.

Not sure if that qualifies as a setup that would benefit from these but I think it might...

I'll have to see how Klien Kid does with his...

Thanks!
It is close. I would strongly rec. an intercooler though as your intake and exhaust gas temps will be quite high. I've got the same setup as that with a WRX IC that I am gonna test in the 10-12 PSI range on 91 octane. I'll be able to let you know in a couple weeks what kind of AFRs and EGTs she's seeing.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Oh, yeah, and installing a TMIC from '06 WRX - Kleinkid style...forgot to mention that key part thinking it was a given...

Please do let me and all of us know!

Cheers!!!
Last edited by Adam West on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Hey Keith...have any DOHC sidefeed rails you would be willing to sell?

(Like EJ20G, EJ20D, etc)
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust