1993 Subaru Legacy Turbo, 5mt, awd.

1993 Subaru Legacy 44B STi 4Cam 16Valve Turbo Intercooled AWD
EJ22T, STi EJ207 DOHC, Vi-PEC (Spare Autronic) @ 426.20HP / 394.94ft lb @ 00psi
Tuned By: Franz Diebold ( DIEBOLD AUTOSPORT ) @ NVauto
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

Very clean, Looks like my first SS. What exactly do you have planned? :D
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Nice nico!
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

thanks guys, i got it very cheap nad its not rusted out.

step one strip down for paint, not done striping yet.

ej22t carillo rods wiseco pistons ready for something lol.

livestrong14
Fourth Gear

Post by livestrong14 »

Nico, how do you undo the black/chrome trim on the door? Where it meets the window?
91 SS -Carbon Bronze Pearl
EJ257/EJ205 Hybrid
Built by NWSS www.simplysubie.com

93 Ford Ranger-DD
91 Rio Red SS- RallyX Project
93 AWD Sedan- FOR SALE!

Sponsors: NWSS, Forced Performance, Surgeline, RalliTEK
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

you know what looks pretty good without the garnish. Maybe paint the stock one silver? The lights in the garnish might illuminate through the paint.
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Damn, is that a brand new block? There's a friggin' part sticker on it!
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
SP-Boxer
First Gear

Post by SP-Boxer »

Watch carfully, that sticker isn't on the block :wink:

They don't make the EJ22T new anymore!
"I feel Legacy"
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

lol its just the rear cover that has a part number. Probably had a plastic cover originally and he bought the aluminum one ;)
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

livestrong14: you mean the top one right, it hugs the glass ? if so back door two screws @ each end then lift. front door mirror first then one screw window down then lift.

ericem: i was think the same thing but you need all that stuff to hold the window in place and air out.

evolutionmovement: lol no thats the block i sent out to get balanced and they cleaned it right up for me, it does look new. that sticker is the plate sticker part number hahaha. you got me going i had to look at it agian LOL.

what colour should i go guys ? i was think lamborghini gray, its like that flat gray ? or same colour ? OR ????? let me know but its got to be silver gray in that shade of colour becuse i dont want to paint the inside.

yes no maybe so.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, I was just kidding because that's so damn clean, but I should've worded it better.

That gray would be pretty stealth on the Legacy. Any touch of color would stand out, too. I almost want to say it looks like a gloss gray primer, but that sounds bad and I like the color. I think it would look subdued, but classy, like a more high-end car.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

evolutionmovement wrote:Yeah, I was just kidding because that's so damn clean, but I should've worded it better.

That gray would be pretty stealth on the Legacy. Any touch of color would stand out, too. I almost want to say it looks like a gloss gray primer, but that sounds bad and I like the color. I think it would look subdued, but classy, like a more high-end car.
it kinda does look like a gloss gray primer. hmm, i dont know. i was thinking that colour with black trim then the crome would stand out, or paint the crome? im trying to not look to modified.

my intercooler is black, brembos are red or paint them black & my v7 rims there silver.

the intercooler is going to stick way out, i mean way out with a legacy skin on it. you can get a idea on the lower half in tube and the out tube of the intercooler are going to be sticking out becuse the legacy bumper is not stright down to cover it all up, like the impreza.

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

That's what I was thinking—it's a good color to go with the trim. I would do a similar color if I wasn't going to stick with the blue.

Would you like to hide the intercooler? Have you done plastic welding before? It's actually pretty easy to pick up. The bumpers are polypropelene, which took me a little bit of practice to get the heat right when I repaired some holes in my bumpers versus polycarbonate (headlights), but still wasn't too hard. Anyway, if you buy some polypropelene sheet, you could maybe cut the bottom front of the bumper off and weld it forward, filling in the space with some sheet. For the slanted bumper surround, you might be able to cut them and remount them at a more vertical angle, filling in the missing pieces with more PP sheet, forming the curves with a heat gun. You might have to replace the grille with something that works with the new angle.

OR, you could try welding the bottom of an Impreza bumper to the top of the Legacy one using the bottom of the black trim as a guide. You'll have to probably play with the corners to match the more square Legacy, but that should be MUCH easier and less work. You could even reinforce the weld with some PP patches on the back side where no one will see them (yes, I've thought of doing this myself before I decided to design my own car). It won't look completely stock, but would use OEM parts and should pass as normal to the average person. There's not much else you can do to hide such a big intercooler in this case. At least, not that I can come up with.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

evolutionmovement wrote:That's what I was thinking—it's a good color to go with the trim. I would do a similar color if I wasn't going to stick with the blue.

Would you like to hide the intercooler? Have you done plastic welding before? It's actually pretty easy to pick up. The bumpers are polypropelene, which took me a little bit of practice to get the heat right when I repaired some holes in my bumpers versus polycarbonate (headlights), but still wasn't too hard. Anyway, if you buy some polypropelene sheet, you could maybe cut the bottom front of the bumper off and weld it forward, filling in the space with some sheet. For the slanted bumper surround, you might be able to cut them and remount them at a more vertical angle, filling in the missing pieces with more PP sheet, forming the curves with a heat gun. You might have to replace the grille with something that works with the new angle.

OR, you could try welding the bottom of an Impreza bumper to the top of the Legacy one using the bottom of the black trim as a guide. You'll have to probably play with the corners to match the more square Legacy, but that should be MUCH easier and less work. You could even reinforce the weld with some PP patches on the back side where no one will see them (yes, I've thought of doing this myself before I decided to design my own car). It won't look completely stock, but would use OEM parts and should pass as normal to the average person. There's not much else you can do to hide such a big intercooler in this case. At least, not that I can come up with.
im going to look in to that it sounds like a good idea, i think i can do that.

day two

motor is all most out.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Nice! Cant believe how clean the engine was...
SUBARUEHS Racing
madmallard
In Neutral

Post by madmallard »

heh, B&W like a japanese police car
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

so more stripping down and this is what we are working with, getting it ready for the paint shop. only thing left in the car is the wiring harness, front and back glass comeing out soon.

started to fix quarter up becuse it has a bit of rust and need's a bit of work.

APS 725 FMIC. adjusting and cutting re/bar for it to be ready when i send the body out to be painted.

should sit like this after i cut the beam up a bit, im going to make it strong like bull this time around ! and the bumper cover will sit perfect on this car like the factory had it. ill take pics of it when i cut the beam up soon, its going to be a perfect fit with the stock beam.

bonus for pep's that want fender brace's on legacy's. its a gc one and fits good. just the one bolt on the top door hinge bottom bolt need to be cut out and all bolts will line up.

scootledoo
First Gear

Post by scootledoo »

that front mount is HUGE!
-Scotty
91 Legacy turbo SS
de-snorked,exedy clutch, act flywheel.
NICO
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by NICO »

lol ya it is big, it works great in the dead heat of summer, no heat loss at all.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

That brace looks like a good idea. Hmm does it make a noticeable difference at all?! Compared to just replacing the stock bracing with something thicker?!
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

LOL! What's summer in Ontario? 20*C?
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Awesome brace. How much is it and where can it be purchased? If it's the right price I'll buy it and sell the ones I have. That one looks much stronger and has an extra mounting point and brace section.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
livestrong14
Fourth Gear

Post by livestrong14 »

kimokalihi wrote:Awesome brace. How much is it and where can it be purchased? If it's the right price I'll buy it and sell the ones I have. That one looks much stronger and has an extra mounting point and brace section.
http://www.gtspec.com/index.php?nav=pro ... 170&cat=81
91 SS -Carbon Bronze Pearl
EJ257/EJ205 Hybrid
Built by NWSS www.simplysubie.com

93 Ford Ranger-DD
91 Rio Red SS- RallyX Project
93 AWD Sedan- FOR SALE!

Sponsors: NWSS, Forced Performance, Surgeline, RalliTEK
kleinkid
Fourth Gear

Post by kleinkid »

That brace looks great, but $264? I'll stick with the livestrong14 piece. Better value.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

kleinkid wrote:That brace looks great, but $264? I'll stick with the livestrong14 piece. Better value.
+1. You can't beat $55 shipped to your door for a piece that has one less mounting point, but still probably does the job just as well.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]