seat heater switches pic

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

__TT__
First Gear

seat heater switches pic

Post by __TT__ »

looking for STOCK seat heater pic. I found the stock switches but there is a blank or another switch missing. there were no wires going to it I just wonder what would go in there as an option. Also wonder what goes next to the factory fog switch if anyone knows.
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list
SP-Boxer
First Gear

Post by SP-Boxer »

That blind spot is for an automatic. Don't know what it does, but the upper two switches are "D" (driver), "P" (passenger) and the 3rd switch says "manual".
The manual gearbox had the two switches and a blank.

The fog switch and the places around are a different story.
In my car (EUDM) all four places are taken. Rear window defogger, rear foglight, headlight washers and cruise control.
The thirst three are original, the cruise control, I added later. I still need to add the front foglights, but need to create an extra spot in the dash. I saw some JDM cars with five spots, don't know why, because JDM vehicles don't have a rear foglight or headlight washers...
Last edited by SP-Boxer on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel Legacy"
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

ahh the headlight washers thats what that was. hmm another rare thing to find that wll haunt me im sure lol.

so the center console manual switch....hmm it wouldnt be for the auto Manual select cause thats on the shifter. what else could be manual.....4wd locker?

I did notice while looking for wiring for the seat heaters and the heated mirrors through alldata that I found the diagrams in a 96 only. I wonder if i did research for a 96 if it would come up with what exactly that blank was for
94 tleggy wagon, 22t with 2.5 dohc heads, pp6, tdo4, fmic, 3inch catless bpm turbo back, wrx brakes, MANY interior mods to list
SP-Boxer
First Gear

Post by SP-Boxer »

I think I have the 1992 diagrams for the heated seats. I couldn't find them for the heated mirrors, they came on EUDM cars in 1993.

Do you have the heated mirrors? What switch do you have? The small one in the same unit as the direction button, or a bigger one like the rear defogger?
"I feel Legacy"
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

after looking at the 96 stuff it's not the same as far as a diagram.

I got the heated mirror switch that is with the direction switch.

if you have the diagram for the seats could you send them my way?
SP-Boxer
First Gear

Post by SP-Boxer »

I'll try to scan the diagram tomorrow!
"I feel Legacy"
94.GT.Wagon
First Gear

Post by 94.GT.Wagon »

How about the high/low switch for the cars with air suspension? I bet that's an answer for one of your two questions about switch blanks. Also, I don't know if it was offered on the first gens or not but my Outbacks with heated seats have a switch for each seat and then a third one for the heated windshield wiper rest.
Todd

2002 Legacy GT Wagon 2.5/5mt
1999 Legacy Outback Limited Wagon 2.5/4eat(wife)
1998 Forester S 2.5/4eat
1972 Buick Electra Limited 455/TH400
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360/TF727
SP-Boxer
First Gear

Post by SP-Boxer »

The switch with the text "Height" for cars with airsuspension belongs on the right of the steering wheel. I have the headlight leveller switch in that place. USDM cars have a blank there ;)
"I feel Legacy"
SP-Boxer
First Gear

Post by SP-Boxer »

Sorry, they are in Dutch :lol:
"I feel Legacy"
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

whoa cool thanks. looks like ill be doing some translating
MikeyMeyagi
Second Gear

Post by MikeyMeyagi »

if you still want a picture of the switches i can take one of mine
94 Supra Turbo 6 speed. build in progress
98 Lexus GS300, single turbo 2JZGTE swap. daily driver
93 Impreza wagon, home brewed n/a-t ken block themed winter drift missle

*sold*
94 Alpine Sport Wagon... STi conversion, rotated turbo etc
__TT__
First Gear

Post by __TT__ »

na just really wanted to know what goes under the heater switches