Review on Apexi Intake

Snorkus, filters, throttle bodies and intake manifolds.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

logan9691
Second Gear

Review on Apexi Intake

Post by logan9691 »

Can I get a review from someone who has an Apexi Power Intake on their car? Just bought one for when I do my FMIC and I'm wondering what to expect.

Thanks.
Logan
VF43 custom FMIC APEXI intake Invidia 3" TBE JDM Ver. 4 RA STi trans (4.44) SPT short shifter rear LSD WRX rear axels coilover suspension JDM 4-pot front brakes drilled slotted rottors Greddy EBC tuned 20G ECU sti 550cc injectors Jecs MAF walbro 255
beanis05
First Gear

Re: Review on Apexi Intake

Post by beanis05 »

can you leave us your review of the intake since you bought one ??????
1990 Subaru Legacy L 89k auto to 5 speed winter daily driver
2004 Subaru WRX 80k
1988 Mazda Rx7 vert > Turbo 2 trans swap
1993 Honda Civic Vx Gutted
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

beanis05 wrote:can you leave us your review of the intake since you bought one ??????
Haha ya been meaning to do that just to lazy.

Anyways...

This thing sounds like a freakin vacuum at idle and you can really hear it at about 2500-3000 rpm. Everything that came from Apexi was high quality (i.e. hose clamps, cast elbow, coupler, filter, brackets). Install was pretty straight forward. The brackets are a must for when you put this thing on, since it bends the stock 90* elbow alot and could break pretty easy without it. I only put the lower bracket on and it seems to support it just fine. I wish I could of compared the difference between stock and modified but I can't since I put it on with all of my other mods. My turbo spools really fast, alot faster then my VF11 did on my '91 with a crappy coffee cup mod on it. Alot of people have a problem with it not being in the fender for cold air but I really don't see this as a problem, especially when I get my FMIC on. So all in all 100% satisfied with it and it looks awesome on the car and frees up alot of space in the engine bay. Maybe be alot more expensive then a coffee cup but IMO its worth it.

Any questions just ask and I'll try to answer them.
VF43 custom FMIC APEXI intake Invidia 3" TBE JDM Ver. 4 RA STi trans (4.44) SPT short shifter rear LSD WRX rear axels coilover suspension JDM 4-pot front brakes drilled slotted rottors Greddy EBC tuned 20G ECU sti 550cc injectors Jecs MAF walbro 255
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

Um excuse me??? Crappy coffee mug mod, last time I weld anything up for you 8)...can't wait to get my intake too.
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

didn't weld it for me. it was allens i took it off his old ss. :P i got my BOV today :D
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I want a picture!
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

yea a picture of your set-up would be awesome
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

Part number please!
-04 WRX STi - Java Black Pearl - Cobb Stage 2
-02 Forester Type S premium - Platinum Silver Metallic - Stock
-92 Legacy Sport Sedan - Onyx Black Pearl - Stock
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

for the intake?
ummm apexi PN is 500-A022
I got mine on ebay, but the last I checked there weren't anymore. You can get them from rallisport direct, which is what I tried to do originally but it was on back order so I found mine on ebay.
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

your picture intake and the link listed at http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/ap ... -4225.html almost look alike. but its part number [APE 507-F001]
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

oh ya thats it. idk i got it off the apexi website.
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

logan9691 wrote:oh ya thats it. idk i got it off the apexi website.
yea i think you were looking at the replacement filter number. :D thanks for your help
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

logan9691 wrote:didn't weld it for me. it was allens i took it off his old ss. :P i got my BOV today :D
I still welded it up smarta$$, and it was the best looking one I made :D , anyway you need to get that bov on soon. Oh and BTW nice zip ties lol
92 Legacy Turbo, 5sp MT, Early Large CC 20G heads, Ported custom clocked td04, Cobb catted DP, Injen SS 3" exhaust, Turbosmart MBC @ 10psi, Apexi 20g intake, custom FMIC, Fidanza 11lb flywheel, stock 05 WRX clutch
logan9691
Second Gear

Post by logan9691 »

subytech wrote:
logan9691 wrote:didn't weld it for me. it was allens i took it off his old ss. :P i got my BOV today :D
I still welded it up smarta$$, and it was the best looking one I made :D , anyway you need to get that bov on soon. Oh and BTW nice zip ties lol
haha i know i'm just givin' you shit. I just needed to have it pouter coated so it looked nice. and then zip tie are gone i have the bracket on there now.
subytech
Second Gear

Post by subytech »

Just put mine on not to long ago, sounds great, but makes my compressor surge louder if not worse (I have a FMIC using the stock BPV) and deffinetly cleans up the engine bay. kinda have to lightly persuade some things to fit but actually will bolt right up and mounts very solid, only other thing you need is a N/A charcole canister as the intake does not have a port for the vacuum line going to the turbo canister. I'd say its worth it just due to how much it cleans up the engine bay, opens up FMIC piping options on that side of the engine bay. Post pic soon.
Josh222
First Gear

Post by Josh222 »

could one of you guys get a quick vid with some sound?
92 Touring Wagon Mica Black(sold)
99 Outback Limited(sold)
05 Outback XT Limited