procarparts.com

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

procarparts.com

Post by Legacy777 »

Well......I must say first impression is not very good.

I test fit a front impreza strut tower bar on my car last night, it fit and cleared the horns.

My buddy got his off of ebay for 40 bucks or something. Well I did a search, found a couple. There's some cheap ass ones, but I did find the one he had. It's probably not the best one out there, but it'll do the job fine.

Procarparts.com was the seller of the bar, and they wanted 44 bucks, which isn't bad. But I decided to check out their site. They sell the same bar on their site for 29.95. They also sell the rear bar for 59.95.

Front bar:

Rear bar:

Like I mentioned, these bars don't look to be the most expensive, but I'm sure they'll work fine.

The problems, I went to order, and put all my info in, and I hit next, and it tells me that my cart is empty. I go back to the home page, my cart is not empty. I try two more times, no go.

I then decided to send an email to their customer service email. Email get's bounced back with "customerserivces@procarparts.com on 6/13/2003 9:04 AM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address."

So I call the number they have on their site. I get a recording. "The number you have dialed has changed, the new number is 626-656-2900"

Called the new number and I got no answer......which I sorta didn't think I would since it's still early on the west coast.

I'm hesitant to buy stuff from them, after all this.....but I still want the STB's
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Woah, that seems like an awful lot of work to get parts.

But if you do end up getting the rear bar, could you post something about fitment into our cars? I've been trying to find a cheap rear STB.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well I just called them and placed an order for both bars. So we'll see how things go. The guy I talked to didn't seem too interested about the site not working, and just said I can always call to place an order.

Shipping was a little pricey. Like 30 bucks for freaking shipping. I asked the guy about it, and he said there's a handling charge or some shit in there too. Total came out to 119.85 for both bars and shipping. It still isn't too bad though.

When I get them on.....I'll let ya know how everything fits, and I'll take some pics too.

I've got rear anti-sway bar stuff coming too ;)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Damn Josh. Your car's gonna be on rails. I can't wait until I can start upgrading stuff. Only one more year of college.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Ok, so I purchased one of these bars a while back for the fiancee's 2.5 RS. It fits well and looks like it's constructed well, but it didn't fit with the hood scoop blocking plate in place. I didn't really want to remove the blocking plate and let all the rain/dirt in, so I haven't done anything with it. It looks like it'll be tough to fit it in my car with the plate that we have directing air to the turbo chimney thing. I'll probably check it this weekend now that I remember. I'll post the results when I'm done.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

I also went the cheap bar route. Got both the front and rear bars off ebay, 25.95 for the front, i *think* around 30 for the rear.

Both were stated in the auction for a 98rs, the front fit perfectly, while the rear bar needed minor adjustment.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Also, both of my bars appear to be exactly the same as the ones on procarparts, *except the front, in which the part that bolts to the strut tower is a full circle.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Grant wrote:Damn Josh. Your car's gonna be on rails. I can't wait until I can start upgrading stuff. Only one more year of college.
Patience my son....patience :)

I was the same way when I was in college. I didn't have money nor time to do any upgrades. I did a few....but.....now that I have a job thanks to college......I have money for upgrades.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

eastbaysubaru wrote:Ok, so I purchased one of these bars a while back for the fiancee's 2.5 RS. It fits well and looks like it's constructed well, but it didn't fit with the hood scoop blocking plate in place. I didn't really want to remove the blocking plate and let all the rain/dirt in, so I haven't done anything with it. It looks like it'll be tough to fit it in my car with the plate that we have directing air to the turbo chimney thing. I'll probably check it this weekend now that I remember. I'll post the results when I'm done.

-Brian
I don't think it'll fit with the chimmney in place.

I took the bar off my buddies and we test fit it on mine. I'm pretty sure there is clearance.....but very little. I'm planning on taking the scoop out so I can see how much clearance there is and adjust it. I think I can tilt the bar forward too. We'll see.

Right now I don't have the turbo chimmney in for the scoop.

I really haven't had too much crap coming in the engine bay, even with the scoop open.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

KGB4187
First Gear

Post by KGB4187 »

Any update Brian? Think it could work on my N/A? I should have my car back within a week or so, think you'll be going to UCKK next week or the week after next?
1991 Subaru Legacy LS wagon- RIP
1994 Subaru Legacy Turbo Wagon
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It'll work with your n/a

I've got the front one in, with only minor issues with the quality of 2 of the bolts....but that shouldn't be a normal thing. I'll do a more thorough writeup when I get the rear one on as well.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Procarparts.com has horribly slow service, it took 2 days for each question to be answered by e-mails. Got my bar today though, didn't look too flashy but for the price what do you expect. So far I can tell it was worth the money.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.