Headlight Aim Specs?

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

skid542
Fifth Gear

Headlight Aim Specs?

Post by skid542 »

I installed some nice glass EDM headlights and am now needing to aim them. Admittably I've always been really bad about not doing this by the books and have always just adjusted till they look 'right'. I know....

So, now that I'm wanting to do it right, does anyone have specs on how high the center of the pattern should be at a certain distance? The lights have a nice crisp cutoff on low beams that I can adjust accurately with, but I don't know how high they should be.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Re: Headlight Aim Specs?

Post by dscoobydoo »

I be honest, I just matched them to the impreza, as the headlights were the same level off the ground.

I think the cutoffs should be about the same as the originals, just more light and a better pattern
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Awesome. Thanks for the link Jerry.

Drew - did you have any problems adjusting your EDM's with the leveler switch and whatnot? I don't have it hooked up currently and don't want to upset the system.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Lee, Be careful if you use the manual adjust. The can get over cranked and break the piece in the internals that adjusts the reflector. Don't ask me how i know this. GL!
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's