XT6 wheels on BC

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

XT6 wheels on BC

Post by entirelyturbo »

I just sent off the money order for these wheels today. The auction closed without any bids, so he gave me a deal on them, namely the opening bid ;) :D

So as soon as I get two center caps and have them installed, I will post pics... :mrgreen:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
NuwanD
Second Gear

Post by NuwanD »

that's one sweet find, i'd be interested to see how those look on your legacy
Nuwan
1992 Open Class Legacy Turbo
2004 Forester XT
2000 Impreza 2.5RSC (Supercharged)
1990 Rover Mini 1000
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Nice!

What offset are they?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I'm not sure, I'm guessing it's pretty similar. Either way, I don't plan on lowering the car or changing any other suspension geometry, so I'm not terribly concerned about wheel bearings or anything like that...

It's been done before, some on the XT6 forums have taken those rims and put them on BC Legacies, and said they look really nice!

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: XT6 wheels on BC

Post by legacy92ej22t »

subyluvr2212 wrote:
So as soon as I get two center caps and have them installed, I will post pics... :mrgreen:

I kinda think they look better without the center caps. Makes them more aggressive looking :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Nice suggestion, Matt. But I have pretty much decided to make a "restoration" project of the Legacy. So I'm trying to clean up the look as much as possible. No real mods exterior or interior, just a really nice clean Legacy with a few extras from higher-end models :D

*Formerly DerFahrer*

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

That'll be nice, I think. Keep it all Subaru OEM.

So does that mean you're gonna be making the XT your modifications car?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Nice suggestion, Matt. But I have pretty much decided to make a "restoration" project of the Legacy. So I'm trying to clean up the look as much as possible. No real mods exterior or interior, just a really nice clean Legacy with a few extras from higher-end models :D
Cool, that sounds really nice. I'm just anxious to see them on your Legacy :D
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I can't wait either. I had planned on factory alloys of some kind, but I was never able to find a deal like this one... :)

The XT was the "holy grail" I was searching for in an old Subie. I actually started liking Subarus when this neighborhood I lived in had a couple, an 84 hatch down the street and someone bought a very clean 87 GL coupe (this was back in `92). I heard those things start up and the oh-so-famous Subaru engine sound touched my heart... But when I was looking for a car, not too long before buying the Legacy, I found a very rough XT, which was not worth buying, but its weirdness-in-a-cool-kind-of-way made me like it... And then I found this one and all my dreams came true :mrgreen: It was just sitting there, abandoned and all alone, like a little lost puppy, my heart went out to it... :roll: :lol:

That said, I would like to also restore the XT in the same manner as the Legacy. Someone over on the XT forums made a beautiful car out of a XT GL just like mine, complete body restoration, but other problems sent it to the yard... :cry:

Several people have suggested dropping an EJ20T in the XT, since power:weight ratios would probably outrun an STi :shock: But I don't want to screw up a perfectly good car!

I will eventually get around to a mods car. I wouldn't mind finding an old GL turbo for a beater and teach myself about the joys of boost that way ;)

Anyway sorry for the novel. I am very excited to see the Legacy with those wheels on it :D

*Formerly DerFahrer*

petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

those wheels should look good on the legacy! they look very clean in that picture.

As you know subyluvr, my friend has his old 89 GL10 Turbo sitting in his uncle's front yard. he might sell it for a few hundred bucks.

but before you drive it, you would have to figure out why it doesnt run very well (my guess is something head gasket related.) you would probably have to tow it home anyways.

it would be a good project to work on.

make sure you take pics first thing and post them!
1990 Legacy LS Sedan FWD NA MT
209,000 miles!
2002 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon
http://www.myspace.com/petridish38
http://www.cardomain.com/id/petridish38
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I just called up there today, and they said as soon as they get my money order, they'll ship em out... So everything is in place... I'm so excited!!! :mrgreen:

petridish, are you talking about the red GL10 Turbo sedan? Although it's a nice car that I would like to have, it's got one problem: it's an auto :x Never know though, I already have two MT's, I might take a swing at it... :lol: You still got the XT Turbo somewhere accessible, right? Coz I identified the brake fluid leak on my XT: the Hill-Holder valve :? I might come up there Sunday and get that from ya...

*Formerly DerFahrer*

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Auto's are great in their own rights, go for it :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

1989 GL-10 sedan. moonroof, digital dash, pw, pl, ac, 3-speed auto :roll: so not only is it an auto...its a 3-speed! everything works well besides the engine. and if you're really interested, i dont know how much he would want for it, or if he would want to sell it at all.
209,000 miles!
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Heres one of our Legacy's with XT6 wheels:

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

WTF?!

That was supposed to look hideous! I had all sorts of negative thoughts about how horrid backdating rims would be, and i was keeping my typing finger shut so as to not rain on your parade. But it works. I really like the look!

Go figure.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

I agree it looks nice.

Oh and a 3 SPD?????? What in the world?? Now my GL10 is a manual, but....is the tranny going out on that or did they come as 3spds?
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
petridish38
Second Gear

Post by petridish38 »

the 3 speed auto came standard on the FWD Turbo Sedan and apparently there was no other option unless u moved up to a 4WD according to MSN. (I don't know how much i trust MSN since also according to them, all of us with Subarus made up to MY92 (except SVX) have an inline engine, but after 92, Subaru switched to the Horizontally Opposed engine :roll: )Why they put a 3speed auto in a turbo is beyond me.
209,000 miles!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

From what I have seen and can determine from sales lit, all EA81 turbos were 3-speed autos, too. I don't know if the MT were too weak or what, but Subaru has a recurring problem of hampering performance cars with auto only (SVX and first year Legacy 2.5GT).

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

It is a common automotive world occurance. They don't want to put manuals on the "hot" engines because they cringe at thinking about all the morons coming in with burnt clutches and such. For example, Accord V-6, 200+ hp and only automatic. People have to whine enough for the stick to make them think they are losing sales by having it automatic only.

Obvious cases where this doesn't apply is performance or "sporty" cars, etc... But hey they'll stick automatics in those too if they can get away with it.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Brat4by4 wrote:It is a common automotive world occurance. They don't want to put manuals on the "hot" engines because they cringe at thinking about all the morons coming in with burnt clutches and such..
This is true. Other examples: Mercedes SL55 AMG (imagine that in a 6-speed :D), the last BMW Z8 Alpina, and there are others...

The wheels are coming in today, but they won't actually get put on for a while... read my Body post about my paint chipping on my front bumper :evil:

*Formerly DerFahrer*

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

There are other reasons you don't see manual trans on these types of cars and engines as well.

As mentioned, reliability is a key factor, also development of a trans combo that can safely and reliably handle the torque. Last big hitting issue.....look at the demographic of people that will buy something like the mercedes & bmw......how much money are they paying for this car? Do you really think someone like this is going to want a manual transmission?

The pure sports car is definitely a dieing breed......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Yep, that's why people have to complain that they are misinterpreting the demographic.

More high power auto only cars: Mercedes E55 AMG - Audi RS6

You can sit there sipping on a latte while hanging with a Corvette Z06 (in a 4-door) trying to keep the latte in the cup with such high G's pushing on the liquid... :lol:
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Okay sorry guys, it's time for me to do some auto-bashing here...
Legacy777 wrote:The pure sports car is definitely a dieing breed......
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't care what happens... When I no longer have the option to drive a MT, I will turn my license in. Really. I may have an AT sometime in my life, but I will never be without an MT...
Legacy777 wrote:Do you really think someone like this is going to want a manual transmission?
I would. I consider an auto a "lack of an option." In other words, I consider an MT a luxury. Yes, I have the luxury of controlling my car how I want to. The MT is a "indulgent decision" to me, the AT is an "economical decision"...

While I'll be the first to admit the modern AT is as reliable and efficient (and in some cases, as fast) as a MT, I still don't care. It's not the same. Period...

*Formerly DerFahrer*

scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

autosticks, the variety where it is a electronically controlled clutch assembly, like smg, are quite a lot of fun. It is up to you to match revs, and you just take your hand away from the wheel long enough to whap the knob.

For me, so long as im in control of everything, i dont care how it is so. I want to select my gear, but really, since i drive stick better than automatic (ive driven an AT about 10 times in my life) mt is nothing special, and AT is just infuriating. If it weren't for the reliability thing, i would say that that system is better than a 5mt in every way.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Driving auto transmissions are like having sex with a Mormon girl.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.