STI fuel pump assembly?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

klin7757
First Gear

STI fuel pump assembly?

Post by klin7757 »

I recently got a full STI fuel pump assembly and pump for free from a member of a local board. This unit has an in tank fuel filter. I'm wondering if I can just swap the whole thing? It seems that it's all pretty much the same besides the filter and that the fuel temp sensor sits at a different location.
94TW red.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STI fuel pump assembly?

Post by Legacy777 »

Is it possible to swap just the pump to your Legacy fuel pump bracket? If so, I'd do that.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
klin7757
First Gear

Post by klin7757 »

Yeah I swaped over the pump and the newer sender. Repinned possitive and negative leads for the old sender plug, left the old temp sensor in place and zip tied the pump. The rubber grommet that holds the 22t pump in place is too big for the tiny STI pump. Thanks for the response.
94TW red.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

You might consider replacing the ziptie with a steel hose clamp, unless you know that the material the ziptie is made of can withstand extended exposure to gasoline. Gasoline can dissolve a lot of plastics.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
klin7757
First Gear

Post by klin7757 »

I was thinking that after I put everything back together. The ziptie was nylon though, so I think it should hold up alright. I may get obsessive and dive back in, but we'll see.
94TW red.