DLC's 01 BH6

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

DLC's 01 BH6

Post by DLC »

I've owned this for almost four years, and it's the sixth Legacy (2nd Outback) I've owned. Interestingly, none of the six I've had bore the same chassis code (BC, BJ, BE, BG, BK, BH).

It's a bit boring, but it's the nice, Deep Sapphire Pearl color, which is less common than the green versions I see everywhere. An oddity for an 01, as it's not a Limited, but it has full leather seats, door cards, and the faux wood dash inserts, but black door plates. Heated seats, mirrors, and windscreen too, but it's a package that doesn't show up on cars101.

I sold the BK, for various reasons, and have moved into this car. Not sure how much I'm going to do with it, but I've started with a great set of wheels. Few of these are in North America, and I was lucky enough to find some locally with a very reasonable trade. Time to show off!

The tires are nothing fancy, and at 225/55-17, they're slightly larger in diameter than the stock size, but as the speedo reads high, this should help.

I'm impressed at how light the wheel/tire combo is, and upon looking at the inside, it's more obvious why this is. I'm going to try to figure out who made the wheels, but whomever did the design was focused on strength and weight, as the spokes are hollow and the lateral ribbing on the inside should make them stronger.

Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
mike-tracy

Re: DLC's 01 BH6

Post by mike-tracy »

Very cool wagon, Dave. I've been really digging the 3rd gens lately, prob because I see them at work all the time. :). What do those rims come on?
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DLC's 01 BH6

Post by DLC »

These are from the second-gen GT-B wagon in Japan. Rare wheel stateside. Lucky to find a set local, and in respectable conditio too.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+