BPV Questions??

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Tbly89
First Gear

BPV Questions??

Post by Tbly89 »

So I have almost got her running back to normal after fixing what the PO did with the vacuum lines, and PCV lines.

After doing some research, it seems that the BPV (stock 03 wrx) should be recirculating back to the intake. The PO had no recic plumbing running back to the intake. The angled elbow piece that screws on the bottom is completely gone, and my excess boost is just blowing out like a blow off valve.

My gut feeling is telling me I should run a hose to the intake reservoir instead of having this set up. How do you guys out there manage you excess compressed air?? What is the best way to go? I have the 03 WRX TMIC, with the TD04 turbo, cold air intake. I have also noticed that if i was to hook up recirculating plumbing I would have to find a way to clear the throttle body.

Also should the recirculating hose be ran by itself? Or can I tie it in with something? (now that I think about it...it should prob be by itself).

and were the heck can I find that elbow piece on the stock bypass valve?

Thanks!

94 Legacy SS TD04, TMIC, 3" T-Back Exhaust, EJ22T ECU.
Last edited by Tbly89 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tbly89
First Gear

Re: BPV Questions??

Post by Tbly89 »

By the way sorry this is in intercooling. I cant figure out how to post on the right forum. Excuse my noob-ness...lol
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

That's the second thread you've said "dumbass previous owner" in some sort of way. I think you should take a deep breath.

Yes it should recirculate back into the intake post MAF. A quick search would have answered this.

For future reference, anything about a BOV/BPV should be posted in the turbo section. I'm sure a mod will move it soon.
91 L-TW Wagon with a full Swap -RIP
92 SS Prefaced, GD dash swapped, 22T/205 Hybrid 20 psi - BEAST!
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

I apologize for my frustration....
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Just trying to prevent drama. The p.o. could still be lurking. After all you did buy his car, he may still know how to contact you.

Other than that, you should find another bpv. When I had one, it didn't have the elbow on it either, I searched and searched and couldn't find one for sale because all the after market upgrades still used the oem elbow.
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

Yeah I was out of line....Im a dumb ass for not knowing what I was getting myself into. On the bright side of things I am very grateful to be a part of legacy BBS and appreciate all you guys for helping my dumb ass haha.

I noticed a sliver 93 legacy for sale (new car lot post), and I was checking out some of the for sale photos, and it looks like the guy figured out a way to recirculate from the TMIC. I might shoot him a post!
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Check out the tic install stickies. There's some great info there.
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

Im going to bother you one more time..........Were can I find install stickies? What does "tic" stand for? I have tried to find the stickies since I started on Legacy BBS, and I still dont know what everyone is talking about.....I guess Im the dumb ass now hahah

Thanks
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

Tmic my predictive text and auto correct get the best of me sometimes.

The stickies are at the top of the forums. The Tmic will be in the intercooler section.
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

Got cha! thanks again
cj91legss
Fifth Gear

Post by cj91legss »

No problem.
93 SS Bone Stock Gone!
94 TW Bone Stock Gone!
91 SS 4EAT Sold!
98 LGT 4EAT
98 LGT Wagon 4EAT
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

Here's a pic to show what Im dealing with.......

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

As CJ mentioned, you'll want to route the BPV back to the intake post MAF and pre turbo compressor inlet.

Can you take some more pictures and a wider view so we can see a few different shots of the engine/hose setup.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

hope these help!

Tbly89
First Gear

Post by Tbly89 »

I think Im going to make a video so you guys can check out what im dealing with....its sooo fair from stock, Im kinda wishing I never bought the thing....but I did and im determined to get her running right!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Honestly....I'd suggest just removing all the PCV & vacuum/boost lines that are currently on the car and start fresh. Use the diagram Vikash worked up and route everything how it should be routed.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
legacy_sky
In Neutral

Post by legacy_sky »

interesting that im a dumb ass now hmmmm well i guess sorry that im not as smart as him and couldnt find a damn intake manifold leak its really irritating to me i just bought this car back and now i find all his posts talking shit on me i really dont appreciate that really upsets me i did the best with what i got first off the car got sold to a mexican nothing against mexicans just saying since i first knew the car it never ran that bad and i tried to fix it but didnt have the funds the same reason why tucker tried telling me he went to a mechanic and paid 1600 dollars to fix the car yet it has a intake manifold leak idk about you but if your ase certified and work in a performance shop which is where he told me he took it which i now know is a lie you wouldnt miss a intake manifold leak it took me 15 minutes and a can of starter fluid.... and second of all i love how he acted like one person to my face and another behind my back he always asked questions and i told him what my tuner and what my mechanic told me to do which was piggy back it. then he sells me the car takes the front speakers off told me he changed the oil which was a lie it had no gear oil in the tranny im surprised it still is working it was dry as shit and he put some ebay pos bov atmospheric on it and it dont even work right.... and that he fixed all the leaks which wierd its still leaking..? AND that he had a shop put 1500 in it which from what i found is a total lie so let this be lesson learned i guess that people are two faced and that they try and rip you off. Im very upset and thanks to everyone for putting him in his place cuz like the one guy said i am the guy who sold him that car for 1200 bucks i even gave him the car with only half the money down cuz he wanted it so bad and didnt have the money and yet this is what i get to see me being called a dumbass? thats not cool i thought this was to help people not get talked on behind my back because im not perfect and didnt have enough money to fix it right thats why i sold it to him for half what i paid for it.
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

And......This thread has run its course.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.