New Toy

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

New Toy

Post by J-MoNeY »

:oops: Image I love her to death.
98 LGT
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Let me guess, you got one of those bumer stickers that says "Insured by Smith and Wesson" ;). Just joking you, any details on your new shotty? Do you shoot much, hunt, target, trap, skeet?
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

is that a persuader? nice
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

That almost looks like a toy an ex-girlfriend used...

only hers was smaller.. not quite so shotgun shaped... and had batteries, still fun to watch though.
-Jason Grahn
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Pheasant hunting is the best.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

This is actually my first gun. It's a Mossberg 12 gauge pump. It's pretty sweet. I plan on proably skeet shooting with it at the local shooting range. Man the power of this thing is sweet. :lol:
98 LGT
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

guns scare me
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

That's their purpose.
98 LGT
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Guns are for scaring Laurel.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The guns are good, the penis is evil. It shoots seeds to infect the world with a plague of men - Zardoz

I can't let myself have a gun, but I so want a Glock 21C or 37. Skeetshooting's fun. 12 ga. seems big for skeets, but I don't want a handgun under .45 so I can't talk.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

evolutionmovement wrote:The guns are good, the penis is evil. It shoots seeds to infect the world with a plague of men - Zardoz

I can't let myself have a gun, but I so want a Glock 21C or 37. Skeetshooting's fun. 12 ga. seems big for skeets, but I don't want a handgun under .45 so I can't talk.

Steve
I say skeet, but I really mean TV's and whatever else I can find shooting.
98 LGT
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Who is the naked chimpanzee dancing on the right side of the picture? He/she looks hot. :lol:
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Brat4by4 wrote:Who is the naked chimpanzee dancing on the right side of the picture? He/she looks hot. :lol:
That's my mom! She take business from 1-5 daily, and 5 dollars for to go all the way. :o
98 LGT
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

So that's how you afford new toys like this.
90 L+ wgn
rsstiboy
Second Gear

Post by rsstiboy »

guns aren't something to brag about....

thank god we have good gun laws in australia, hardly anyone has one and theres even less need for them here.
MY02 B4 Liberty, 2 1/2" off the primary with splitter, 3" off the secondary, 3" the rest of the way, completely stainless, k&n filter, ECUtek 3, 500HP walbro, 173kw@all4
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I think it all depends on the person and their personal opinions. That's like saying cars aren't somthing to brag about, or money isn't something to brag about, or my really hot nymphatic wife isn't something to brag about.

On one hand i feel people should be able to own guns, on the other hand i feel guns should be controlled like in other country's. I really don't like any ol trigger happy police officer with a 9mm who can shoot you if he wants and have a great chance of getting away with it. Watching real tv today some officer shot through the windshield of a fiero at some kid. The kid was stopped and the officer was off to the side of the car and the kid started edging forward and turning to get around the cop and he started shooting through the windshield. They even charged the kid with assault with the car, when he wasn't trying to run the officer over, just get around him.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

If you are planning skeet, get yourself a decent choke (if it didn't come with one), a pigeon thrower (the hand held ones work really well despite their cheesiness appearance), and a box of target load or bird shot 2 3/4 and you'll be all set for an afternoon of fun.

The legality of guns...hmm...everybody has their own opinion to which they are certainly entitled. Personally, if my govt. wants to ban guns - they'll have to pry mine out my cold dead hands :). As far as practicality, so much depends on regional location I think. I know a lot of people that depend on the meat they put up in the freezer during hunting season to provide food for the family through the winter. This isn't to say there shouldn't be regulations. An accurately placed .22 mag or even a .22 LR will drop anything but big game such as elk, moose, bear, etc. so I don't really see the need for assualt weapons other than law enforcement. However, I will admit that shooting my friend's AK47 (which is actually one of the most practical guns to get surprisingly) is a hell a lot of fun :). To each his own I reckon.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

YES! AKs are SO practical. well, they're not so much AK-47s anymore; the most common one I've seen is the SAR-1 version, which comes from China or Romania. Good guns.
I'm not highly technical, but those things fire not only well, but FAST, and they are NOT used to fire from the hip, and mow down innocent children, despite what the liberals want you to believe. :D They are NOT used to fire from the hip, and mow down innocent children.
See? My propaganda for the day. :D
No, but really, I've taken down, and put one back together, about as quick as Forrest Gump.. they're pretty cool. Totally useful, and where I live, they sell 'em with 40rd mags. (clips, to all you city-slicker g's)

They're used World-over for one reason, and one reason only: They're cheaply manufactured, and they fire under most any circumstances. (that was two, huh?)
Although they're not very accurate.. I don't think you'd ever see a sniper with one.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Now that the ban is over it's legal to sell those 40 round clips. If you were one of the people lucky enough to get a preban 47 you're in good shape. As far as accuracy goes, of the two different ones I've shot, both will do a 4 inch group at 110 yds pretty easy. And man alive are these guns durable, if it jambs, literally a butt smack on the ground usually fixes it, you could bury one in the dirt by itself and pull it out 20 yrs from now and still probably shoot it. If I were going to get a general duty rifle I'd seriously consider the AK. 91 - do you have a recoil buffer or a muzzle brake for yours? My friend has both and it kicks just slightly harder than a .22mag. It's sweet, you can keep those 40 rounds centered and pulled off quick. I was born and raised in the mountains so call me what you will but I love my guns :). And as to avoid completely hijacking this post - by all means let us know how your new shotgun feels to you J-money. I think you'll find skeet is both challenging and very enjoyable. Shoot safe and keep the sights in the ten ring as they say...
JasonGrahn
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by JasonGrahn »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:They are NOT used to fire from the hip, and mow down innocent children.
What? You mean those innocent children are supposed to get away? Man, what have I been doing this whole time?!
-Jason Grahn
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Skid- Just a muzzle brake. It's a welded-on deal, on my SAR-1.
In fact, before the car broke, (tranny went) I was tryna design some kinda rack that would hold the thing securely, plus a mag or two to the bottom of my trunk lid, so I could have it in my trunk ..if necessary. (legal CYA, hehe :wink: )
So far, I've only modded the stock of it; it used to be this crappy-ass wood, but I've since replaced it with a snythetic deal, and misc bits of titanium, for durability. It's a wicked gun, and saved my ass a few times.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

AK's did prove to be way more reliable than m-16's during vietnam. Some of the parts for m-16's were manufactured by the toy company mattel.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

Oh don't start with that crap about M16's. The problem was with the ammo used at first. AK's will take more abuse and are a lot of fun to shoot (not as much fun as getting shot at with one :wink: ) SKS's are dirt cheap and almost as much fun but no 40rnd mags.

Cops will allways have guns and so will the bad guys, question is will you? Look what I got after the hi cap ban ended. http://betaco.com/page.asp?pg=technicalinfo

Cool shotgun J, we use Mossberg 500's with pistol grips for door breaching. I think old TV's are more fun to shoot than skeet but won't build up your aim as well. Have fun and be safe.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Jesus thats a large clip. Your just hoping china invades aren't you.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Aren't those a little heavy and awkward?

I guess you wouldn't want to get killed for lack of shooting back. I think that line was from Unforgiven.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.